Forums are back in action! ×

My name is Luke. I'm 30 years old and live in Maryland. I just got home from an 11 country 11 month mission trip. While on the trip I workout using many of the things I had read on Nerdfitness and went from 285 lbs to 208 lbs. Now that I'm home (and have decent internet 95% of the places I go) I wanted to get more involved in the boards and keep working out.

That's all I got. Thanks.

Orc Rebel

• Strength (0) - physical strength
  • Dexterity (0) - agility and speed
  • Stamina (0) - Endurance and Energy
  • Constitution (0) - ability to resist damage and disease
  • Wisdom (0) - intuition and sense of things around himself
  • Charisma (0) - force of personality and physical attractiveness

Current Challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/52120-fake1126-level-1-challenge/#entry1153012

"If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary."

Jim Rohn

Hey Luke,

Where did you go on your mission trip?

Awesome to see that you were able to take fitness wherever you went. That's one of the great things I'm beginning to find out about a lot of the people at NF. The flexibility and mobility of workouts is truly amazing.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

Gnome Assassin: [3]
[sTR: 6] [DEX: 1] [STA: 5] [CON: 4] [WIS: 0] [CHA: 1]

âWhat we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal. Albert Pike

Thanks Skywalker  :pride:

svilardo2 we went too:

Guatemala

Nicaragua

Costa Rica

Thailand

Cambodia

Malaysia

India

Nepal

Swaziland

Botswana

South Africa

It was a great trip with a lot of exciting opportunities for adventure like zip-lining, cliff diving, white water rafting, mountain climbing, caving, safaris, and shark cage diving. It was also cool to work with the local people and see what the country was really like instead of just visiting the tourist areas. The mountain climbing helped my fitness a lot, especially today. Went on a 3 hour 1947 foot hike up Little Mount Kineo. It was tons of fun with lots of inclines and even a few vertical to climb.

Orc Rebel

Current Challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/52120-fake1126-level-1-challenge/#entry1153012

"If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary."

Jim Rohn

That's awesome! Sounds like an amazing experience and something that you will never forget.

What was your favorite place and what all did you guys do while you were there?

âWhat we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal. Albert Pike

Thailand was by far my favorite country. Great food, friendly people, beautiful scenery. We were working at a YWAM (Youth With a Mission) base in Chaiampum. We did mostly Christmas parties (it was in December) but we also re-tiled the kitchen, built and painted a wall, and built a rice house. We also got threatened by a man with a knife and I got butted by a yak while out running, but still good times.

In all the countries we did youth programs, Bible studies, sermons, testimonies, construction, taught English, Science, and Math, sports ministry, Vacation Bible School, house visits, and other misc things. It was a lot of fun and a lot of hard work.

Orc Rebel

Current Challenge:

Jim Rohn

Thailand was by far my favorite country. Great food, friendly people, beautiful scenery. We were working at a YWAM (Youth With a Mission) base in Chaiampum. We did mostly Christmas parties (it was in December) but we also re-tiled the kitchen, built and painted a wall, and built a rice house. We also got threatened by a man with a knife and I got butted by a yak while out running, but still good times.

In all the countries we did youth programs, Bible studies, sermons, testimonies, construction, taught English, Science, and Math, sports ministry, Vacation Bible School, house visits, and other misc things. It was a lot of fun and a lot of hard work.

That sounds fantastic! Well, everything but the knife and yak parts  :tongue:

I had a lot of problems with animals out in the world. They just don't like me. I've been stung by a scorpion, bit by a lizard, pecked by a bird, attacked by a small horde of puppies, butted by a yak, pecked by a chicken, attacked by a goat, and been threatened by snakes, tarantulas, and other creepy crawlies on 3 different continents. It's a strong motivation to train to run fast and climb up things  :onthego:

• Like 1

Orc Rebel

Current Challenge:

Jim Rohn