Forums are back in action! ×

i'm a new girl who want to start weight lifting !!!ENTER PLEASE :)

hello everyone :) 

i'm Sherin and i've just discovered weights world :)

but i still have some questions  :nightmare:

My current weight is 54 kg and my height is 168 cm.

Now i want to start a deficit calories diet + weight lifting (to keep the muscles and reduce my body fat from 22-21% to 18-17%) and then start a surplus diet + weight lifting to increse my lean body mass =)

Is this plan good for me ??:)

Thanks you all :rolleyes-new: 

• Like 1

Yep, that sound slike exactly the plan I'd suggest. You're simplifying the whole thing, which is quite refreshing.

What are your weightlifting goals and resources?

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

Yep, that sound slike exactly the plan I'd suggest. You're simplifying the whole thing, which is quite refreshing.

What are your weightlifting goals and resources?

thank you for your reply :)

with deficit calories diet + weight lifting  i want to reduce my body fat and them increase my LBM :)

I want to start with a decifit calories diet because i want to avoid the risk that the fat remain on the muscles and this will make my legs bigger :)

is a deficit diet good even if my weight is 54 kg?

I'm a backwards Murican, so at 5'5" and 120 you are at a solid BMI, so cutting doesn't seem necessary. I say eat at a slight surplus and start moving some iron.

What I meant by goals and resources was:

Do you want to be strong?

Do you want to be bigger?

Do you want to compete? at what?

What equipment do you have available?

These all change what direction you should be steered in.

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

i want to shape my body through weight training,

i dont want to be muscolar like this : https://www.facebook.com/muscolarmente/photos/a.315126705227210.72550.147182112021671/623045484435329/?type=1&relevant_count=1

i want to be similar (not exactly) to this: http://www.muscolarmente.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Allenamento-con-i-pesi-per-le-donne.jpg

that girl has got great body but not big shouldres and biceps.

i want do "create" a little bit my shouldres and biceps, absolutely have abs and shape my lower body :reduce the circumference of my legs (reducing body fat percentage) and lift my butt.

but at first, like i've said i want to decrese my BF%.

Yes i want to be strong and since i workout at gym i have all the equipment for weight training