Forums are back in action! ×

Why am I here? I guess the name is kind of revealing...

Hey everybody :)

I was a lean, mean kid growing up (okay the mean is a lie...). I did a lot of sports and was always rather good at them. Over 20 years later I'm still rather lean but sadly no longer a kid (okay, that's a lie too, but don't tell anybody). I'm now close to thirty, finishing up my master's degree in about a month and all the "being student" and "sitting in front of the pc" has left its mark. My slender build has sprouted somewhat of a tummy and like my gf says "I still don't have an ass". :pirate:

Last year I did pretty extensive (at least when I look back at the rest of the last decade) endurance training to run my first 10 miles race in forever. Right after I did that race (in an acceptable time) I stopped again. There were exams and holidays and all the nice things that didn't need running to interfere.

This winter I started up again because well, who doesn't wanna look good in swim wear? So I started running again, 2-3 times a week and somewhere in early spring I found that there was a free gym at my school, so I changed to two times running, once gym. Like everybody else I'd been to gyms before and had this nice 10-12 reps three times on various machines thing going around in my head. So I did what a know. Didn't change much but I always enjoyed having a sporty outlet for my excess energy :)

Sometimes late spring, early summer I stumbled upon this wonderful site, while searching the web for a way to teach my gf how to do pull-ups (she bet me she wouldn't be able to do them by the end of sommer, or ever for that matter...still going strong btw). I ended up changing my diet somewhat (all the way is really hard for me as a former vegetarian who has to eat at the cantina (no not the one with the cool band) 4 times a week) and dropped some of the carbs in favor of more protein and veggy fats ;D

I also started doing the "scrawny to brawny" training (part 2) which basically is another form of the stronglift5x5 or any similarly built plan (It escalates towards more isolated movements in part 3, though). Simulatiously I've started measuring more stuff, because who doesn't like data? :rolleyes-new:  I now have two weeks worth of weighting with bodyfat% (not very accurate, but then at least always the same kind of inaccuracy) and about 1,5 weeks worth of "what did I eat" on mfp.

/the TLDR version:

Hi, I'm a long time-reader first time poster who is skinny-fat with a strong desire to be neither :D

I guess there is no one specific issue at hand right now, but I wanted to say hi. If however, you want to help me, tell me how the heck I'm supposed to eat at a 500kcal surplus when I barely manage to reach my expendature goal most day :numbness:

Cheers,

WannabeHulk :D

• Like 1

Hi Skywalker,

yeah, avacados are awesome. I hadn't eaten any until about half a year ago, since then my supermarket has probably had to expand its order just to support me ;D

I am motivate. It's one of my big pluses (if you ask my gf she'll probably say it can also get annoying ^^)

Skinny-fat is if you weigh 135 lbs, are 5.9'' but have a belly that looks comfy to rest your head on.

(I've since moved up to 140-ish and my belly is no longer as prominent, but I'd like there to be more muscle, as you can see from my name :) )

Woah mang. Skinny fat is a thing??

I probably am the same thing O/: (I HAVE FOUND MY TWINN. VOTT)

Woah! Like, I wish I was that good at dieting as you ;_; (I run and I've started BBW but the diet is still my issue)

"This message was brought to you by my fingers who were activated by the electrical signals from my brain which travelled through a network of nerves and ganglia".

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.