Forums are back in action! ×

Defeating my own exercise defiance!

Did the beginners bodyweight work out for the second time this week! 

AND cancelled my gym membership that I've been paying for for 8 months and NEVER going to!

I've been wanting to start this body weight routine for months, but have always found soooo many excuses not to. "Im too tired", "Im hungry", "I have to read the entire internet first" or just plain sitting on the couch in silence instead of doing anything physical. 

I did the routine first on Monday morning when I had some time (it only takes 15 minutes!) and felt super worked after, sweaty, a little weezy, hating everything. But I felt really good the next day! I planned on doing it again on Wednesday, but I was feeling a little too sore still, but had some time this morning and did it again! It was already easier, and I could do more reps per set of pushups than day 1! 

I'm going to use this thread as an accountability thing for myself, might be something I need, along with the two alarms Ive set on my phone at the beginning and end of the day to remind me everyday to work out.

• Like 2

Congrats! I find the routine actually pretty tough. It consistently gives me more muscle ache in my legs than anything I have ever done before. And the next time you are considering skipping a workout: Just sit back and think about how awesome you will feel after you've done it compared to how terrible you''ll feel if you don't do it. Just let that emotion take over you and you'll be in your gym pants in no time :)