Forums are back in action! ×

Afraid of intensity

Hi Rebels,

I'm sick and tired of feeling bad about not working out. So, I signed up for a 4 week crossfit on-ramp program, thinking that if I just showed up and worked hard 3x a week, I could stop feeling bad about not doing it the rest of the time.

Now I'm getting nervous about it - my class doesn't start for another 10 days, after I get back from vacation. I'm basically going to suck at everything, which I'm ok with. I'm going to call it a victory if I just show up and make some progress and don't injure myself.

I could really benefit from more intensity in most parts of my life. I tend to plug along slowly, when a series of sprints might be a better approach. We'll see if I can handle upping the intensity.

See you around the playground,

Freemont

Sounds like fun! It is good to up the intensity once in a while. But don't overlook the power of being  the one that plods along slowly either. I've always kind of looked down on myself for that, but then I decided it really is my superpower! I don't come out with intensity but I am good at being consistent and steady. After being on NF for 2 years, that consistent, plugging along slowly, one step at a time, has added up to a bunch of steps and I am stronger and can do cool tricks like the crow :) 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27