Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings and Salutations!

I just joined here and it's nice to see some fellow partners-in-crime who are starting out like I am. What's that phrase "Long time listener - first time caller"? Ya, I've been reading these forums for awhile and finally registered myself.

I am short-and-wide (hobbit-like as I tell my friends) and my ultimate goal is to just know I can walk into a gym and *own* my workout and walk back out knowing I've kicked ass. Strength training is going to be my new best friend. In the old days, I just wanted to be skinnier and, in my mind, everything would be perfect-o. I have new priorities now. My first weight loss goal is to get below 200 lbs - right now I am 236 lbs (at 5' 2"). That's my jumping off point.

I have had social anxiety for most of my life and never understood what it was until this past year. I've worked on it a lot and one of my goals was to be able to walk into the gym and not nearly die of a panic attack. I've succeeded in going 2 weeks in a row, working with a personal trainer, and I just keep my blinders on the whole time and remind myself everyone else is too busy worrying about themselves to notice me. Just like in high school. It seems to be working  :peaceful: 

I've never participated in a forum before, so I am learning the structure and posting style, etc. I really like the idea of being able to follow along people's questions, see what's out there, and be a part of something. It can be very isolating changing your life and yourself so having support is awesome. Plus, the fellow nerd-tasticness is highly appealing.

Look forward to interacting with everyone more! I identified as "Adventurer" for now but I have no doubt I will change that around as my mood fits - just like I do with my nail colors and hair colors  :panda:

• Like 1