Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings all! 

I'm looking forward to interacting with you all on our respective journeys to a healthier and more fun-filled life! Forum name's Torak, but you can also just call me Dan!

I've discovered Nerd Fitness some time ago, and have been a quiet lurker ever since, observing and noting down all the advice that has been passed around through the articles and forum posts, and trying to apply some of them to my own life, with some success. Now the time has come to take my game to the next level. I've been severely overweight for most of my life up to about June of last year. 

At that point, I finally decided to do something about it, and signed up for a gym membership at a local 24 hour Fitness club. At that point, I weighed about 295 lbs, give or take. I also enlisted the services of a personal trainer to help get my butt moving in the right direction, and thus began my journey up to this point. The weight began to slowly fall off, with me losing about 20 lbs between June and November of 2013, before stalling a bit at 275. At which point, although I've been much more active in exercising, I've not taken my diet seriously, and in November, I took a hard look at it, and began to clean it up. 

I ruthlessly began to cut out a large amount of carbs and started eating more vegetables and protein, mostly chicken, eggs, and so forth. Once that was accomplished, my weight fell again quite dramatically, with me losing about an average of 10 pounds a month for the next 4 months. Between December to April of 2014, my weight dropped from 275 to 235, at which point it stalled again due to some difficulties in life that clobbered me around a bit and got me off track. Happily, I didn't gain any weight, I just didn't lose any further weight. At which point we've come to this present time, with me weighing about 230 lbs as of right now. I'm still uncertain as to what my ultimate goal is, I would like to see my weight drop to around 200 or so in the next year or two. I'm sure with y'all's help, I can put together a plan to get to that point. :)

I look forward to actively participating in this forum and on the Challenges to come!