Forums are back in action! ×

Hi! I'm Charmander!

Ok so I recently broke up with my boyfriend and realised that I gained 1st (14 lbs!) during the year I was with him mostly because of lazy eating habits and him being a picky eater. (I should probably add here that me gaining weight was NOT why I broke up with him, haha ^^;) Since I was already overweight that's kind of a problem but I've already started to rectify that. And then I came across Nerd Fitness!

My current achievements are drinking more water (not difficult to begin because of the warm weather and now it's easy to keep up), completing one beginner body weight work out (I know one work out doesn't change anything but it's a start) and starting to clean up my diet.

My diet wasn't terrible to begin with but there's definitely room for improvement (snacking, portion size to name a couple of things). I've cut down a bit on carbs and dipped my toes into the paleo waters by trying a couple of meals but I'm thinking I'll stick with low carb - I know paleo is too restrictive for me to jump into head first. I love cooking though so having an excuse to try new things is nice.

I'm also aiming to work in more regular exercise to my routine. I already do a lot of walking due to not being able to drive and public transport being patchy.

I've never really 'dieted' before but I want to lose weight (fat weight to be specific >:l ) and I was hoping this site could be more motivation.

I have found so far that NF has been an awesome place with people who are pretty cool!  Welcome to the game!

Snacking and portion size is the boss-monster in my life.  I trying to take tiny steps to make myself feel and look better so these guys don't seem so scary.  I have found the more I work on "me stuff" the less I WANT to indulge (not that is doesn't happen every once and a while, I am looking at you empty sleeve of ritz crackers)

Good luck!

Human Adventurer: Level 2

|| STR 4 || DEX 1 || STA 3 || CON 1 || WIS 3 || CHA 2 ||

Current Challenge:  #2 ||  Battle Log || Past Challenges: #1