Forums are back in action! ×

LIfting makes me feel lazy

Now that I'm hitting the gym hard on my 3 days a week I am feeling lazy and like I should be at the gym on my off days. I still walk my 10k steps on those days, I just feel this itch to work out even though I know I am by resting my muscles.  When I was lazy I didn't feel lazy. Now that I'm no longer lazy, I feel lazy. Go figure LOL

Hey. I've got a blog!! ----> The Dilnad Can!

This is how I did it. This is how you too can do it! ----> http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2015/09/28/learn-how-an-office-worker-lost-100-lbs-saved-his-own-life-and-became-a-superhero/

If you are just dying to do something on your off days, then either do some type of speed, or skill work. Box jumps, pushups, handstands, and abs all give you a training effect without putting much on recovery.

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

If you are just dying to do something on your off days, then either do some type of speed, or skill work. Box jumps, pushups, handstands, and abs all give you a training effect without putting much on recovery.

Good stuff!!

It's kind of funny. I've gone from having no interest in working out to addicted to it. I hope that addiction sticks, LOL

This is how I did it. This is how you too can do it! ----> http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2015/09/28/learn-how-an-office-worker-lost-100-lbs-saved-his-own-life-and-became-a-superhero/

Good stuff!!

It's kind of funny. I've gone from having no interest in working out to addicted to it. I hope that addiction sticks, LOL

Be careful of the tag-along mentality that sometimes accompanies this line of thinking.  There's nothing wrong with wanting to do more in the week, but make sure you don't curse yourself for doing less.  That's how obsessions and eventually disorders are born!

It just sounds like newbie fever to me. I felt the same thing before I got a firm understanding that there is a lot more to this than just time spent in the gym.

• Like 1

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

It just sounds like newbie fever to me. I felt the same thing before I got a firm understanding that there is a lot more to this than just time spent in the gym.

Absolute definite n00bsauce!! I was stating a fact, not really whining about it. I actually find it comical.

I know what you meen I had a little drunken incident with my ankle it's slightly swollen I have carried on excersizing on it as I don't really want to do nothing found body attack I really felt it because that particular class is high impact aerobics so Thursday I swapped attack for spin which found less hard on it gave myself yesterday off today I was showjumping my horse.. Hopefully it will be good for Monday.. Still also been doing body pump but have kept my squat weight lower than usual ;)

I worked out last night with a slightly sore hip ( thought it was just from sitting funky. I get that a lot ). Um, bad theory. Now I've got a really sore hip. Good thing it's an off day. It's actually quite comfortable on the motorcycle. <G>