Forums are back in action! ×

Hey, my name's Aaron, and you've probably heard this story in various forms before:

I'm going on 23 years old now - just graduated from university and entering the job world. I've been overweight to varying degrees since middle school (ergo most of my life). When I was 11, I was completely pudgy. Throughout high school I steadily slimmed down, but I've always had fatty thighs and a pudgy waist, and that hasn't gone anywhere since. I tried to start routine exercises (mostly running) throughout university, but I could never get it to stick past about a month and a half - the interest always died out after then. That said, I'm not distressingly overweight - only around 182lbs for a 5'11" guy - but it's been consistent and it needs to go down.

Now, my blood isn't in my favor, either - essentially, it's regularly thin on iron and sugar, making me prone to fainting. Beyond being more comfortable with my middle regions, I want to have a strong cardio system to beat this problem down as much as possible.

I'm hoping that this time, I can make things stick. Between the Lift app and an active community to keep me responsible (not to mention the "role-playing" aspects being played up here, which I think are fantastic), I'm not going to back down any more. Only a few years left while metabolism is still in my favor. Now is the time to build a routine, get healthy and stay there.

In particular, for the foreseeable future I want to essentially walk to Mordor and back - the long-term commitment combined with regular markers should be a good way to create habit (and give me an excuse to start digging into audiobooks).

Looking forward most of all to becoming part of the rebellion. Any helpful words of advice or recommendations would be totally welcome.

LEVEL 0 ASPIRING SCOUT

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

- CHALLENGES: 1 -

"There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, but go beyond them." - Master Bruce Lee