Forums are back in action! ×

Time to Stop Living in the Past - Creating a Future

Ok rebellion – here I am. Hi all!

I'm a computer science college student who has gained a shockingly large amount of weight in a short amount of time (50 lbs in a 12 month period – curse you cafeteria food). I am tired of feeling like a failure for no longer fitting into my clothes – it's time to take myself back. I was “skinny†in high school and now when I see people from my past, I'm beyond embarrassed.

For the body-type stuff – I guess I'm a gnome type right now, short and squat. I'd like to become flexible like a druid and able to move a lot like an assassin.While losing weight is a big part of my fitness journey, I am also an amateur dancer and thus I would like to get back in shape to continue dancing along with coding.

I'm also very idealistic- which is bad for working out. I lie to myself about how much I can take on, making grandiose plans that are not only unrealistic, but set me up for disappointment. Right now, I just want to make sure I work out 5 days out of the week. If I it's walk the dog, I'm going to consider that victory because I have a hard time sticking to anything.

These next 2 weeks are going to be dedicated to getting used to working out. A ten minute work out 5/7 days will be considered passing to the next level.

After that I will make sure to make more exercises and make my routine more intense but for now, start small.

The beginning plan will consist of cardio (walking/jogging for 15/20 minutes alone, no dog) and beginning weight training (my brother has some weights and I could do the beginning body-weight stuff). Salsa/barchata routines are a moderate intensity? I have no clue, but that will be mixed in there every other day during weight training so I can keep my moves from getting rusty.

I could use all the support of the community – in return I will help those who need getting a head start. Rebellion, I can't do this alone – please help me <3

So my non-cardio workout will be :

3 sets of 8 standing walkout planks

3 sets of 8 pilie squats

3 sets of 8 hip lifts

3 sets of 10 ballet calf raises

3 sets of 8 bent over dumbell rows (for pull ups)

Likewise, this will be my (attempted) workout today. I'll post if it is successful.

This will alternate with walking for 15/20 minutes outside and potentially jogging.

Thank you all for getting this far.

Thoughts? Is this too slow? Is this too fast? I'm just starting again and hopefully this will help.  

Welcome to the fun.

Step 1, read read read read read read read. Sooo many great free articles to get you going. You'll already have stronger eye muscles before you even hit the gym :)

Hey. I've got a blog!! ----> The Dilnad Can!

This is how I did it. This is how you too can do it! ----> http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2015/09/28/learn-how-an-office-worker-lost-100-lbs-saved-his-own-life-and-became-a-superhero/