Forums are back in action! ×

There was a road in my hometown, named Warrior's Path, that I use to run down. I always told myself if I got famous and wrote memoirs I'd call them "Warrior's Path." Anyway that is irrelevant to what I am writing here:

I am a fairly well accomplished distance runner. I ran track and cross country in high school, and in college I took on the challenge of the half marathon with great success (I am actually the best at the half marathon). Last year I took on two marathons. As of two years ago I am also a barefoot runner (I've done a marathon in VFF and one in just my bare feet). Since college I've played with swimming, weight training, and yoga to help with running on an as needed basis. However this spring I saw an ad for Tough Mudder (I've done a Warrior Dash no problem), describing how much tougher it is than the marathon. I doubt this, and in order to prove them wrong I have the intention of doing all three Tough Mudders in Texas (my home state) in 2012 and the Spartan race called "The Beast." I'd like to do these races in my home made sandals, or barefoot if possible.

To accomplish this I have set myself into a regime. I am using the book 50 pull-ups to improve my pull-up count. I came across a list from the website The Art of Manliness and I have set my goal on being able to do both handstand and planche push-ups before my race. To accomplish this I am doing the 100 push-ups program to get to 100 pseudo planche and 100 pike's press, before I attempt the program with 100 one legged pseudo planche and 100 against the wall hand stand push-up, which will be followed by working the program for the real deal. I do yoga in between my sets, I still run, and I am currently looking for a good ab program too.

I want to learn parkour, how to dance, and how to do the old time muscle man feats of strength such as the flag pole, as well as new tricks like kip ups.

I want to learn either Nia or Capoeira. So I guess not just dance forms, but also a bit of martial arts flavor. The tough mudders are just part of the obstacle course race trend that's popped up recently, which is convient because they are a nice cross between endurance running (my old favorite), and Parkour (my new interest). What are you in to win?