Forums are back in action! ×

A Challenge for Strength Trainers

Can you name any upper body exercises (ideally would work out your arms) that would not put too much strain on the elbow? My mom wants to get more in shape but she has a bum elbow and I told her I'd ask around.

Any ideas?

Fetchling Warrior, Level 2

str-9 dex-2 sta-3 con-4 wis-3 cha-3

Battle log!

Fitocracy!

555LB CLUB @ UNIVERSITY:

75%
75%

50 Push-ups at Once:

50%
50%

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?â€

“For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen.â€

― The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

It's more an issue of what is wrong with her elbow. Some people can't do triceps extensions with the bare bar without their elbows screaming but they can bench 3 plates. Some people can do chins for days with no tendinitis while others get it after a set of 5. Your best bet is to get her in the gym and see what she can tolerate. Also think about getting something to use as an elbow warmer, either some really small knee sleeves or some wool socks with the toes cut out. Keeping the joints warm usually goes a long way to keeping them happy.

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"