Forums are back in action! ×

I went to the water park yesterday...

and I had fun, I really did.  I haven't been to one in, um, neigh on a decade now?  Which is unacceptable, because I adore them.  But when I used to go in my younger days I was rail thin, and I was nearly part fish I swam so much.  So even though I still had fun, my weight and lack of fitness did bother me some.  

In the pool I noticed some buoyancy issues.  I had trouble staying above water when trying to swim above the water.  And when I tried to dive to the bottom, I'd float back up to the top.  In the water slides it was just terror as I fat flopped around inside helplessly. 

So here's hoping I'm in better shape next year, because I'm buying a season pass.  

As a side note: I discovered that they make prescription swim goggles, which I'll treat myself with next year.

Level 0 Halfling Adventurer

STR: 0 DEX: 0 STA: 0 CON: 0 WIS: 0 CHA: 0

If you want to have more fun on the water slides, as you slide down them lift yourself up on your heels and shoulders blades. The reduced friction will send you flying down the slides, it's SO much fun but on the right slide it can get a bit painful. :)

We have one here that has sharp, almost 90 degree turn right near the bottom, and if you do the heel/shoulder thing you'll slide up the side and end up face planting back on the slide.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)