Forums are back in action! ×

Bored at work - created an excel sheet that creates a routine based on goal # of reps

I was bored at work, so I made this.

http://www.mediafire.com/?czg5v7kz079rr3x

The 100 pushups training, which you can find online at http://hundredpushups.com/, is something I and many others have used to drastically increase the # of pushups they can do in 1 set, with the goal being 100. It's a 6 week, 3 days a week routine. First you assess your level to check where you should start, then continue progressing up to week 6. I tried this a year ago. I started at a max of 50, trained for 4 weeks, completed week 6, and was able to do 100 in 1 set after a good day of rest.

Anyway, I decided to test if I could apply the same methodology to

other exercises. Specifically, pull-ups and other exercises involved

in the 300 workout - which is a fitness test the actors went through

during their training, just to check progress and have a goal, I

suppose. I'd like to pass this test myself.

So, the excel sheet I created - it works by plugging in the goal # of reps into

D112 on the Formula sheet. It automatically updates all the numbers of reps in

column D according to your goal, based on a % of your goal - same %'s used in the 100 pushups training. Then you can select the cells(C-D 2-112) and paste values(ALT+E S V) into the matching cells in the blank layout sheet.

The second sheet contains the exercises involved in the 300

workout - this took a few seconds to create, simply copy and pasting the formula cells from sheet 1. You can focus on one, or do them as circuit training. The

final goal is the circuit at the bottom of that sheet - the 300 test.

I intend to start this as a circuit training routine soon, probably around week 4 level.

The main idea, though, is not specifically the 300 test, but having a working routine to achieve a goal # of reps in a specific exercise - if that is your goal. I noticed that if your goal is a high # of reps, just training heavy is not enough. I've been benching heavy for years, but the 100 pushups routine doubled my number of reps in *weeks*, and it helped out my max bench as well. So, I will "field test" this soon and I'm very curious what the results will be.

I'm not suggesting anyone else use this, I made it for myself as a fun experiment. But I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on it :)

Oh, and I do recommend the 100 pushups routine to anyone looking to do more pushups. That's already been proven to give results, and I can vouch for that.

interesting.

you are right - if your goal is a high amount of reps, lifting heavy won't really help you - because high reps is endurance, not strength. (well, both, but you know what i mean)

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”