Forums are back in action! ×

Mother fricker - how'd this happen again?!

So, here's the deal. I lost about 25-30 pounds last year for my wedding (putting me as close as I've ever been to being at a healthy weight in my adult life), and it's all back.

To be fair, I'm working my a** off right now, trying to build up my side business and pay off debt so that I can go back to being self-employed early next year. It doesn't leave a lot of time for eating healthy and exercising :(

At first, I was thinking, "I'll worry about getting back into shape once I'm out on my own and have time to cook and exercise again - I just need to get through the next few months without doing irreparable damage to my body or my sanity," but I'm noticing that I feel like crap all the time and am getting sick more than usual.

It seems my health isn't going to wait, so here I am, trying to figure out how to balance everything I'm doing right now. I look forward to hanging out with you all, and would welcome any advice on how to make eating healthy as simple as possible!

I think the number one priority that will make eating healthy foods easy is; make time to cook.

Without time, convenience will take over, and that's when you will slip.

So make sure you make putting time aside to cook your most important task.

If you need some cooking tips, there are many people to help!

welcome welcome! i have struggled with the gaining/losing battle myself and am trying to make changes that will last me long term. as was said before, cooking is a big thing. it doesn't all need to be from scratch either. there are lots of shortcuts in the grocery store that can make eating healthy mcuh easier. some of my faves: grilled chicken breasts or fish fillets you cook in the microwave, sweet potatos that can also be done in the microwave. fresh fruits and veggies are great snacks along with nuts and string cheese. the biggest thing for me has been to think ahead. in the morning, when i'm rushing, even grabbing some baby carrots to put in my purse seems like a hassle. so premake baggies. invest in tupperware, tupperware,tupperware. when you open your fridge and you see perfectly portioned meals and snacks all ready to go, there's not excuse to not eat them. and as for cooking, if you cook a meal, make more than you need and portion/save the leftovers. when i make pasta for me and the bf, i make the whole box. we eat dinner that night and i separate the rest into containers that i can just throw in my lunch box and take with me. the grocery store is your friend! good luck!