Forums are back in action! ×

Twiggy man lookin to bulk

Hey guys, names's Jaxton. I'm a 21 year old dude trying to pay for college at the moment and I have a little spare money each month, so I figured it was finally time for me to get fit and put on some pounds. Bodywise I'm an orc vertically and an elf horizontally, bout 6'4 and despite several efforts never really passed about 180(165 now), my dang metabolism has never co-operated with me. It's finally slowing down a bit though, now I just need to start working again. Getting a gym membership on monday(comparing prices, equipment, distances etc. this weekend) and trying to get more and more paleo, though I likely won't hit full paleo for a while. 

As for what I want to do though, and how I want to get there . . . that's where things get iffy for me. I definitely want to be stronger and bigger just because I hate being a twig, but I'm not sure if full warrior helps me the most. I'm big into balroom dancing so I guess abs strength and muscular endurance(Not too terribly much, holding frame) is most important for me, but I'm not a runner and I'm not sure how to tailor my workouts to my needs. Normally what I've done in the past is a MT-ThF schedule of Upper Body workouts on Monday and Thursday and lower body workouts on Tuesday and Friday, but I'm hearing a lot of support for the M-W-F schedule and I can't say that giving yourself a day of rest doesn't make sense. Any recommendations? 

Jaxton, Lv. 1 Elf Adventurer

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Challenge Files: 001

Take a look at all the classes and find one that suits you and your goals. I'm thinking of going into Assassin or Adventurer because I consider myself something of a Bard and those two appear to fit best with what I like to do and what I'd like to be able to do.

Maybe Ranger or Assassin for you?

Or make a new class up or do a bit of a hybrid. Whatever works.

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3