Forums are back in action! ×

Hey there folks, new recruit here, also from the UK.

Decided about three months ago to take control and responsibility for areas of my life i wasn't happy with - started out on Rippetoe's "Starting Strength" and am now 100% converted to the power of compound lifts and heavy barbell training.

Found it's helped my health and confidence immeasurably, and it's bloody good fun too. Turn's out im an easy-gainer (fat basically) so starting to take this type of training seriously has been a transformation for me in more ways than one.

I want to try to get into powerlifting at some point, obviously i want to get my numbers respectably first and i need to find an organisation local to me (Bristol UK) that does it raw (anyone else find the squat suit and such slightly redundant inventions?) but that's how interested i've become in my new found hobby. In fact, hobby is a terrible qualifier for what i'm now doing, it's a way of life.

Anyway, your all a bunch of complete strangers so that's enough personal exposition for the time being. :)

Are you eating while your reading this?