Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone. Really psyched about this community, wish I'd found it earlier.  

My story: I've always been a chubby gal.  But in 2011 in preparation for my wedding I successfuly lost 25lbs and then, with my momentum still going post-wedding, an additional 25 during the rest of the year.  I went from total coach potato to running two half marathons, lifting, and getting really into yoga.  I reached my peak of fitness in April 2012 or so.  At the time I was working for a non-profit and had a very forgiving schedule, plenty of time to keep active.  Then in February 2013 I got a job with a large, private firm.  While it's no excuse, I let the longer hours and stress lull me back into coach potato mode.  I've put back on about half the weight (not sure exactly, stopped weighing myself as of the 30th bday, done with scales).  I think my biggest hurdle has always been cleaning up my diet so I'm going to try to work up to full on paleo.  Slowly though, cutting the worst of the processed carbs first and adding more bulk from veggies. 

I dig the nerd jokes and articles, great way to keep positive.  Looking forward to working through this with everyone.

N

• Like 1

Hi everyone. Really psyched about this community, wish I'd found it earlier.  

My story: I've always been a chubby gal.  But in 2011 in preparation for my wedding I successfuly lost 25lbs and then, with my momentum still going post-wedding, an additional 25 during the rest of the year.  I went from total coach potato to running two half marathons, lifting, and getting really into yoga.  I reached my peak of fitness in April 2012 or so.  At the time I was working for a non-profit and had a very forgiving schedule, plenty of time to keep active.  Then in February 2013 I got a job with a large, private firm.  While it's no excuse, I let the longer hours and stress lull me back into coach potato mode.  I've put back on about half the weight (not sure exactly, stopped weighing myself as of the 30th bday, done with scales).  I think my biggest hurdle has always been cleaning up my diet so I'm going to try to work up to full on paleo.  Slowly though, cutting the worst of the processed carbs first and adding more bulk from veggies. 

I dig the nerd jokes and articles, great way to keep positive.  Looking forward to working through this with everyone.

N

I have to ask why paleo? What appeals to you about it?

I would focus on slowly cutting back what you already eat, and perhaps using something like MyFitnessPal to see how much you really eat.

Welcome to NF!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)