Forums are back in action! ×

no skill, no strength, plenty of spirit

Hello Everyone!

My name is Richard, and I live in Oak Park, IL, Quite literally on the boundary of Chicago. I'm 24, 6'2", and (at last count)221lbs. I'm a web designer and photographer by day(and by night frankly). For fun I read(like it's water in the desert), cook( say it with me "pastured pork lard"), and study Filipino martial arts(only a couple of months, I'm still incredibly slow). I also have a tendency to exude a field of cheerful exuberance. I'm currently reading "A madness of angels" and rereading "The Emperor of Nihon-Ja".

I have been living primal for 50 days. In the first 30 days I lost 17lbs. (I'm avoiding the scale except for monthly intervals, lest I become obsessed and disheartened.) And while it has done absolute wonders for me, I find I lack in the strength and physical department. Spirit is willing, yada yada yada.

After finding this site through Marks Daily Apple(where I post under the same name), I took a couple of days and read through it as far back as at least when Steve first started talking about paleo. I then purchased the Rebel strength guide and am currently on week 3! I have found out 3 things.

• I have NO upper body strength. (not unexpected)
  • I have so-so core strength.
  • I have good lower body strength.
I will probably start a battle workout log, so anyone who wishes can join me on the quest to perform a god D*nm pull-up! The journey will be long, possibly painful and absolutely worth the trouble.

I look forward to commiserating with my fellow rebels.

Have a great day!

My workout log - My Six Week Challenge Log (10/24-12/5)

The Cast Iron Skillet: a moment to buy, a lifetime to master