Forums are back in action! ×

Hi all! I've been a lurker here at Nerd Fitness for a few months now, but it's taken this long for me to get my butt in gear and make an account.

I guess I've sort of reached a period in my life where I'm just not happy with being apathetic about my body weight. I've been overweight (probably more like obese if we're talking BMI standards here--I'm 5'6'' and weigh around 210 lbs) my entire life, and up until this point I've been in a funk. My parents are both on the larger side, so I figured that it was just normal for me to be bigger too. I did a three-year stint playing basketball in junior high, which I really enjoyed, but quit due to small-town school sports team politics. I really miss that sort of team comradery, of feeling like I was actually doing something.

My mother is gluten and lactose intolerant, and I've become more intolerant of dairy as I've gotten older, so I've already been working on my diet. Cutting out wheat and reducing my sugar intake has really helped me feel better, so I figured it was time to get into the fitness aspect too. Now that I'm a graduate student, I'm experiencing high levels of stress and I need some kind of outlet, so I'm hoping to find something fitness-y that I enjoy which can help in that respect.

I think Nerd Fitness looks like a great, supportive community and I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship! :D

Welcome, I'm new here too!

:D

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3