Forums are back in action! ×

Reporting for Duty!

Howdy!

My name is Chris. I am 22 and around 175 pounds. I was what they called a "gym rat". But after years of just hitting the gym and I realized that it was not fun anymore and that I wanted more. So after reading NF for the past few months and, the occasional "ok" diet, it is time to take the next step!! I would like to learn how to run well and and lift for strength! What better way to level up your life then with a bunch of people who already are!

"We do not rise to the occasion, we fall to our level of training"

FORGING IRON Challenge

Awesome! Welcome to the rebellion.

Do you have specific fitness goals you want to reach or a specific fitness archetype you want to become? (I recommend you read the article What is Your Profession if you haven't already)

Your goals look great, but I'll point out that many people will say the only purpose of running is to be able to run. Strength is often split into "muscular endurance", doing three sets of 12 pullups followed by 3 sets of 12 chinups and "muscular strength", just doing three pullups but with an extra 150 pounds. There are great people out there in each forum to find lots of tips and techniques on specializing that.

Many of us also with tout the merits of a paleo, primal, or other low carb/high fat diet as being the best source of energy to feel your best at all times.

One day at a time. No excuses. Battle Log | Current Challenge - Bleep All the Things

You betcha!! Down here near Houston! As a matter of face last week I watched the video on how to not suck at running and was blown away on how bad i was actually running. The next day I ran the "correct" way and boy did it kick my butt lol. My legs are still sore! Honestly I am not really sure which one to tackle first. Maybe stamina? Then I can progress toward a quicker pace?

FORGING IRON Challenge

I have been in the gym "working out", trying to be the strongest guy. But what I learned(and by learned I mean struck me like lighting) was that strength is not how heavy the weight is but what your willing to due to meet your goals! My goals are to be able to run a half marathon but still be able to lift well. I guess that happy medium between running far and lifting heavy.( sounds crazy lol) I don't want to just run for the sake of running but become a better runner because I do love to run.

FORGING IRON Challenge