Forums are back in action! ×

Trembriele Battles the Free Magic

I haven't been posting a lot of anecdotal info - but the end of the school year is coming and I should recover my mojo soon. I'm very pleased with the pull-up progression progress; I've made it further than I've made it before. I'm also making progress with crow.

I've gained some weight back. My waist is thinner, but I have more ass and quad than I did before. There's more definition in my arms, too.

Pull

Wall Walk Down/Up Back Bridge : 2, 2, 2, 2, 1

Pull-up Progression #-4 - (top) half chin-up: 5, 5, 4, 4, 4

Horizontal Pull # 8 - Tuck knees front lever rows: 3, 3, 3, 2, 2

Crow Pose - 60 seconds of work, several times times of about 5 full seconds up - likely could have been more, but I was sweaty and my legs kept slipping off my arms

Pull

Wall Walk Down/Up Back Bridge : 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Pull-up Progression #-4 - (top) half chin-up: 5, 5, 5, 4, 4

Horizontal Pull # 8 - Tuck knees front lever rows: 3, 3, 3, 3, 2

Crow Pose - 60 seconds of work, several times times of about 5 full seconds up - likely could have been more, but I was sweaty and my legs kept slipping off my arms

I took a 4 day rest partially due to the fact that I was due for one, and partially because the last week of the school year is just so overwhelming and tiring that's I find it hard to get much done outside of work. Today's workout was good and I think the rest did me good.

Pull

Wall Walk Down/Up Back Bridge : 3, 2, 2, 2, 2

Pull-up Progression #-4 - (top) half chin-up: 5, 5, 5, 5, 4

Horizontal Pull # 8 - Tuck knees front lever rows: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3

Crow Pose - 60 seconds of work, several times times of about 5 full seconds up. The balance is much improved, but things are still slippy.

Its been a while since I have dropped by your log so I thought I would check in, looks like your still being awesome about tracking your workout info.

Thanks! I let a lot of other things slide, but I'm still tracking workouts and making progress.

After being so sad all the times I had to deload my pull-up progression, I hit a milestone today! I made the transition from a half-up chin-up to a full chin-up. I'm not near a pull-up yet, but it's progress and I'll take it! The plan is after the chin-up, I'll move to half-up pull-up and then full on pull-ups.

Pull

Wall Walk Down/Up Back Bridge : 3, 3, 3, 2, 2

Pull-up Progression #-5 - chin-up: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

Horizontal Pull # 8 - Tuck knees front lever rows: 4, 4, 3, 3, 3

Crow Pose - 60 seconds of work, several times times of about 5 full seconds up

• Like 1

I started a new level on my hand-stand push-up progression today and struggle with the closer proximity to the wall. I had trouble getting up and feeling like I had my balance once I was up. I wound up kicking up like I did for the waist bent ones and walking my hands in. I wound up with my hands about 10 inches from the wall, but couldn't get closer without feeling like I was going to really fall over. On one set I attempted to kick up facing away from the wall but didn't have the core strength of balance to pull it off. I'll get to that point eventually if I keep going with all my other work, and I think that the more I work this progression the more comfortable I'll be getting up and holding it.

Push

Squat Progression #9+ - low platform box pistol squats: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3

Handstand Push-up Progression #9 - wall handstand half push-up: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

Leg Raise Progression #10 - hanging bent v-raises: 4, 3, 3, 3, 3

Push-up Progression #8 - uneven push-ups: 5, 5, 5, 5, 4

Pull

Wall Walk Down/Up Back Bridge : 4, 4, 3, 3, 3

Pull-up Progression #-5 - chin-up: 2, 2, 2, 2, 1

Horizontal Pull # 8 - Tuck knees front lever rows: 5, 4, 4, 4, 4

Crow Pose - 60 seconds of work - gaaagh for the slippyness! I can't help but feel like I might actually be close to this if I wasn't so sweaty that I can't get any sort of a grip.

After being really frustrated not being able to progress on the crow, I made the decision to move to an elbow lever progression. Even if I need to go back to crow at some point, it's useless to work on something I'm not making progress with.

Pull

Wall Walk Down/Up Back Bridge : 4, 4, 4, 3, 3

Pull-up Progression #-5 - chin-up: 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Horizontal Pull # 8 - Tuck knees front lever rows: 5, 5, 4, 4, 4

Elbow Lever Plank - both legs down: 30 seconds