Forums are back in action! ×

The time has come to delurk...

...before I go butting in to any more topics first. :D

Don't let the username fool you. It is meant to be inspirational to me. Like so many heroes of legend, I am still along the journey from my meager beginnings. And I haven't traveled all that far along it yet.

Quick stats: Female, age 40, 5'4", ~130 lbs, never trained before three months ago. I guess I'm honestly a hobbit presently, and I don't even like hobbits. Training to become Warrior/Druid. Is that a stupid hybrid?

Current state: I am thisclose to being able to squat and deadlift the bar, so things can start to get really fun. When I first started there was no chance, and I had to spend the last three months with dumbbells and cables to even get close. I'm not fully on the road to where I want to be just yet, but I already feel stronger and look different.

Right now I've hit some sort of a minor wall where I've had two days off but I'm still sort of stiff and achy. I remember it was like this at the beginning, and I upped my food and started having shorter recoveries and a lot more progress. Now I feel that way again but I don't know if I need to increase nutrition so much as fix it in other ways.

Conveniently enough, I'm a pescatarian who doesn't eat eggs (or dairy much but it doesn't seem like that should be an issue). I've been trying to get some protein from evil fake meats, but maybe that protein is inaccessible. Lurking around, it looks like we have one or two pescatarianish Paleo folks around here, but without eggs it's going to get to be kind of a drag trying to eat fish 3+ times a day.

Anyway, hi everyone, glad to be recruited. :D Feel free to lay any advice you got on me.

I know! Even the "better" fake meats are still terrible.

I just can't do eggs. I have a lot of nuts and stuff already, but the protein just doesn't add up quick for how filling they are. I think I need to take a harder look at my seafood options. Perhaps some nice smoked thing in the morning will not be too bad, if I can find some that is decent and affordable. I'm in Seattle, you would think I could make that happen.

Thanks for the reply!