Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

Lol sorry typed that up in my cracked phone while on break.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I'm assuming it's "there are many who could use your aid". Alternatively, "many of us" or "many others who could use your aid"

Personally, I tire of Hon'ga and his games. Which probably means whatever mind games he's playing, they're getting under my skin. As if Rurik and his mysteries weren't enough. Gnomes are not famous for their patience anyway

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Hi everyone!  I just read through all 14 pages of the Journey, and I'm intrigued!  

I'm brand spanking new to D&D and table-tops in general (my first live game is tomorrow!), but if you all are willing to have me, I'd like to join.  Obviously not now, but in the next "rest time" between adventures.  I've read most of the 3.5, 4e, and 5e Dungeon guides, and about halfway through the online Pathfinder guide, so I feel like I'm at least semi-prepared.  

My first inclination would be to play a Half-Elf Rogue, specializing in daggers and close-quarters combat (since so far it looks like Flo has favored her bow most of the time).  If not that, a Fighter favoring a 2-handed sword would be my next choice.  I also have an idea for a basic backstory, though I'm not sure how much that matters.  

If it's too late to join, I totally understand!  Just checking.  :D

Back to your regularly scheduled badassery!  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

So I feel like I should clear things up. I don't know if it's due to my inability to portray the chatacter how I wanted, or if your just being super cautious, but I still feel like I should clarify things.

Hon'ga doesn't think in the same terms when it comes to time. To him a few years is nothing. So what appears to yiu guys to be him speaking in riddles is actually just hom not understanding that yiu seek answers.

I wI'll say that it gas caused some interesting roleplay though.

I want to get this back on track, so I'll give you 7ntil tomorow night to post then I'm continuing the story

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Hi everyone! I just read through all 14 pages of the Journey, and I'm intrigued!

I'm brand spanking new to D&D and table-tops in general (my first live game is tomorrow!), but if you all are willing to have me, I'd like to join. Obviously not now, but in the next "rest time" between adventures. I've read most of the 3.5, 4e, and 5e Dungeon guides, and about halfway through the online Pathfinder guide, so I feel like I'm at least semi-prepared.

My first inclination would be to play a Half-Elf Rogue, specializing in daggers and close-quarters combat (since so far it looks like Flo has favored her bow most of the time). If not that, a Fighter favoring a 2-handed sword would be my next choice. I also have an idea for a basic backstory, though I'm not sure how much that matters.

If it's too late to join, I totally understand! Just checking. :D

Back to your regularly scheduled badassery!

We are actually close to kicking off the next adventure. You are more than welcome. Please send me a private message so we can start working on introducing your character into the story posts. Also please post a chatacter sheet here. Your begin at level 1. You can play whatever you want, as roleplay counts more than anything here.

• Like 1

@Cn3wton: I think you've been pretty clear.

I'm throwing Flo through the gambit of her young self she wants to regain and old self that is needing time to arrange the last 5 years in some sensible order in her mind, especially considering her past life.

I am slowly changing her attitude by playing her as though she feels safe even if she can't quite tell it in each moment/consciously. If she didn't feel confident, there's no way she would have risked pissing off Hon'ga. I think she also wants to know just how real the alliance is so she's pushing back enough to see where tension might build. So, other than his initial defensiveness, she feels more assured that they are not being abused.

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

We are actually close to kicking off the next adventure. You are more than welcome. Please send me a private message so we can start working on introducing your character into the story posts. Also please post a chatacter sheet here. Your begin at level 1. You can play whatever you want, as roleplay counts more than anything here.

Thank you!  As I said in the PM, I'm very new, so any advice/suggestions from anyone are much appreciated!

Here is my character sheet.  (Formatting shamelessly stolen from Gainsdalf the Whey).  As far as I can tell, it's complete, but I'm all ears for improving it. 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I will be posting an intro for oramac in the story thread. It will be taking place 2 years before your arrival here. Anything that takes place in the past will for now be in italics just to keep everyones heads straight. This will allow oramac to introduce his character.

I am going to wrap everyone elses story up in the next post and we will officially begin the next adventure next week. If theres anything you still want to do now is the time. I will posting oramacs intro shortly, while I will wait until a bit later to wrap everything up for everyone else.

There ya go Oramac, your intro is up. I would ask that you post how you deal with the 3 men, then once you do that I will post the next part.

You have free reign with how you deal with them, and remember that killing them all isn't always the answer.

• Like 1

There ya go Oramac, your intro is up. I would ask that you post how you deal with the 3 men, then once you do that I will post the next part.

You have free reign with how you deal with them, and remember that killing them all isn't always the answer.

Just to verify, I'm the "mysterious figure" in the corner? 

Also, is the Two Years Prior post assumed to take place after the background we discussed, or before?

Assuming I'm reading it right, I have a post all ready to go.  I'f I'm wrong, I'll re-write it and get it up ASAP. 

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Just to verify, I'm the "mysterious figure" in the corner?

Also, is the Two Years Prior post assumed to take place after the background we discussed, or before?

Assuming I'm reading it right, I have a post all ready to go. I'f I'm wrong, I'll re-write it and get it up ASAP.

Yes that's you, and yes after what we discussed.

• Like 1

Thank you!!  I just hope I can live up to how awesome this story has been so far!  

I've just made my first post, and I'm pretty sure I did it all right, but if not please do let me know.  (especially with reference to the skill check rolls and such)   

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Hon'ga doesn't think in the same terms when it comes to time. To him a few years is nothing. So what appears to yiu guys to be him speaking in riddles is actually just hom not understanding that yiu seek answers.

I wI'll say that it gas caused some interesting roleplay though.

Totally got that. I've put plenty of thought into how long living or immortal beings would think, for other games I've been a part of in the past. I'm roleplaying Bacon as the impatient gnome that's tired of the smoke and mirrors, while at the same time being aware of what he's up against. Let us not forget, he recently had a meeting with another ageless creature, the treant in the forest, so he has a vague grasp on the bigger picture of how things work.

Haven't read the story thread yet, will do so asap and return with comments or a post over there.

Welcome to the group, Oramac!

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Also

Your times to arrive for your visit are staggered. Starting at 5 it goes Bacon, Flo, Bronan. So your post should be what you do from the morning until you choose to arrive at the castle and what you guys plan to do once there.

If Oramac is done, I suppose the next thing is me posting what Bacon does until the meeting and his intentions upon getting there?

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Uuuuuh, I don't think so. Unless you or cn3wton want to add something. I got a little lost with the time slip thing. Derp.

No worries.  AFAIK I'm done with my post, although I'm so new to this I could easily have missed something.  Hell, at this point y'all could tell me my hair color affects attack rolls and I'd probably believe you.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

No worries.  AFAIK I'm done with my post, although I'm so new to this I could easily have missed something.  Hell, at this point y'all could tell me my hair color affects attack rolls and I'd probably believe you.  

IT DOES!?!?!?!?!  :nightmare:

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Is there something else I need to post?  Or something I missed or need to change?  

Hey Oramac. My own 2 cents on your post.

The writing is fine. When cn3wton gives you free reign to write up a post, you don't need to make any skill check rolls. If you like to roll, (I love it) you still don't include the roll results in a free reign post. You can describe what the action looks like. Example: your roll of 20 is definitely 'lightning' fast. If it were too close to call, your words will reflect it.

Punch daggers? Hummmm...

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Hey Oramac. My own 2 cents on your post.

The writing is fine. When cn3wton gives you free reign to write up a post, you don't need to make any skill check rolls. If you like to roll, (I love it) you still don't include the roll results in a free reign post. You can describe what the action looks like. Example: your roll of 20 is definitely 'lightning' fast. If it were too close to call, your words will reflect it.

Punch daggers? Hummmm...

Got it.  I'll edit it and put the rolls in spoiler tags just for reference.  

Also, punch daggers.  My second favorite CQC edged weapon behind the karambit (which isn't in Pathfinder :( )

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™