Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

This is the biggest difference beeen tabletop and play by post. Tabletop is much more flying by the seat of your pants and about battle and loots. Play by post tends to be about the roleplay.

No complaints here!  I'm enjoying it.  I just don't have much experience with role-play.  Not as it relates to D&D anyway.  So I ask everyone to please bear with me as I learn the ropes, so to speak.  

Also, I welcome any and all comments/criticism of whatever I post.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

No complaints here!  I'm enjoying it.  I just don't have much experience with role-play.  Not as it relates to D&D anyway.  So I ask everyone to please bear with me as I learn the ropes, so to speak.  

Also, I welcome any and all comments/criticism of whatever I post.  

your last post was fine - starting to see more of him

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

@Oramac we've already run 3 full adventures with them, which has allowed for plenty of character development. We were in no better position than yourself when we started. All I'm saying is don't feel behind, it's a natural thing. Give it time and you'll get there. I like what I'm seeing so far.

Bacon is Chaotic Good, which means he will lend a helping hand, but only if he feels like it and even then, he'll do it his way. Bronan and Flo have put in strong arguments, but like I said he's more worried about the cosmic battle. Arthur's kingdom is a small dot in the bigger picture

Sent from my WavyIII9 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

I'm assuming this conversation happened in the room, away from Arthur. Bacon, do you want to make a post stating our concerns, asking him to elaborate and with the understanding that we go with him to his lands to find out for ourselves and then decide what we want to do? Does that sound okay to Bacon and Bronan?

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

My post is up. I tried to keep my "elected or not, he's the leader and had to make a choice" rant minimized, reflecting Bacon's chaotic alignment. Also, let me take a moment to say how I LOVE that this whole thing has gone super Planescape-y, both with extradimensional cosmic wars as well as the whole concept of reincarnation, inherited power and one's choices in comparison to his "former selves"

• Like 2

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Double post to add to the above: I picked up a comic book adaptation of M. Moorcock's "Stormbringer" starring Elric. After reading through that, a lot of this campaign's stuff about reincarnation, inherited power, serving a greater cosmic purpose and extradimensional conflict make a lot more sense. In a way, we seem to be the Eternal Champions of this world!

• Like 2

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Double post to add to the above: I picked up a comic book adaptation of M. Moorcock's "Stormbringer" starring Elric. After reading through that, a lot of this campaign's stuff about reincarnation, inherited power, serving a greater cosmic purpose and extradimensional conflict make a lot more sense. In a way, we seem to be the Eternal Champions of this world!

I was thinking of it like Thor: The Dark World, but I think yours matches better.  Good find! 

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Ill get a quick response up at lunch tomorrow, then hopefully later that night the first post of the adventure will be ip

• Like 3

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

You can respond/talk over the situation. Had hoped to get the rest of it up last night, but was out celebrating my grandmother's 83rd birthdat and didn't have the time.

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Don't sweat it, we can wait. Rule #1: Life always comes first

Oh, and happy birthday to your grandma :)

This.  QFT.

==================

Also, just for my own curiosity since my character is nowhere near them, what just happened between Varren and Bacon?  I'm confused. 

EDIT: in any case, once everyone is together in one group, I think I have a pretty good post set up.  Hopefully....

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Bacon joined varren Arthur and some others on a hunting trip where they bonded. Varren had hoped that their friendship would make it easier to gain his help. Not as a using him kinda thing though.

Damn you guys make it so tough. I try to write characters that are good and you make them look like assholes...

Not complaining though it's making it interesting

• Like 2

Totally not as using him :P

Also, it would have been wise on him to invest in bonding with Flo and Bronan as well. I'm not the boss of the party. Totally makes sense from a dragon viewpoint however, they're used to ordering lesser races around.

It's a fundamental law of RPGs, players will mess with the best laid plans, pass out a lot of the stuff the DM has planned and will generally act unpredictably. I'm glad you're not dwelling too hard on it, cn3wton. Let's see where this takes us

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Bacon joined varren Arthur and some others on a hunting trip where they bonded. Varren had hoped that their friendship would make it easier to gain his help. Not as a using him kinda thing though.

Ahh!!  I totally overlooked that those were all the same NPCs!  Lesson learned. Taking notes on the NPCs for future reference.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Also Arthur is not a dragon he is a hunan and king of humans

Of course he is. I was referring to Varren

*checks*

Suddenly strange shadow began to be cast over the town. Looking up the adventurers see two great dragons circling. The come to land right at the end of the road, followed by a handful of dragonkin attendents. They walk side by side nearly filling the great street. One a dark black with purplish hues, the other a brilliant gold. As they near the platform they pause, and change into human form. Quickly the attendents rush clothing to cover them, and Bacon immediatly recognizes the man as another member of the hunting party, Darkon. Beside him stood a woman with golden hair who embraces both Hon'ga and Claire.

Dammit. You'd think the name would make it easier to remember too. I just suck when there's a lot of characters and names involved. Want me to change my latest post and the reference to dragons?

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Just a bit. Hes a friend with a dragon so you can work it in. No biggie thiugh

First part of the post is up. I will be adding more shortly. I'm travelling so don't want to type up the whole thing and lose it because I run out of time. Feel free to respond to anything. The next part will begin with you arriving at your destination. I will name it too I swear

Oramac I'm going to send you a pm with some stuff.

• Like 1

Good thing I just typed and posted it in the wrongnplave... post is up

"I had hoped your stay would have provided a breef respite from your hardships, but I fear that is not the case. Know that your are welcome, and safe travels." He addresses each with a traditional farewell unique to them, then Claire approaches Bacon. "I had hoped you would stay for a time, but I could not ask that of you. Please take this..." she passes him a simple gold chain. "I hope to see you soon friend" she wraps her arms around bacon, then moves to bronan and flo kissing their cheeks.

Now that he has the gold chain as well, I suppose he should get this on the back of his vest as well B)

Let me just say that Varren's approach was... unusual. Having heard our characters' arguments on Arthur's proposal, his swift and brutal disposal of those poor souls won't exactly have us excited. Trampling the corpse with the cart only added insult to injury. I'm just saying, don't be surprised if all that provokes a strong reaction from our characters

Lvl 65 Multitasker