Forums are back in action! ×

1 Year Progress!

Okay guys, I know I haven't been here long and many of you don't know me but I have just finished my first year of weight lifting this week!! I have been so excited and I decided to take progress pics that I will share with you guys!

Before (Taken during the summer before I started college)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]807[/ATTACH]

I weighed 130lbs before and had a six pack because of cross country and my low body fat.

After: (Sorry for the funny faces, I talked my friend into taking these and it was just funny and he didn't know when to take most of them)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]808[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]809[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]810[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]811[/ATTACH]

This is me, around 157lbs, 1 year later.

As you can see I didn't know exactly what I was doing when I started so my legs are really bad (I've only been squatting for 3 months and because of you guys I have only been squatting with proper form for...1 day!) Also, my left tricep is a lot smaller than my right so I have to start doing single tricep workourks in order to make up that progress!

I'm open to any tips or anything!!

post-3161-13567243104107_thumb.jpg

post-3161-13567243104249_thumb.jpg

post-3161-13567243104581_thumb.jpg

post-3161-13567243104902_thumb.jpg

post-3161-13567243105258_thumb.jpg

I lift things up and put them down!

Really great progress! May I ask how your diet and lifting habits have been?

As for diet I try and eat a decent amount each day of somewhat healthy things. I didn't have a strict diet and I still don't unfortunetly but I know to eat certain things for protein, though right now I am trying to eat twice as many carbs as protein because I am on a bulk...kind of. (I can't really bulk that much do to my metabolism)

As for working out, my workout changed a lot during my year of working out. It first started with a terrible exercise that involved bench, biceps, and triceps in the same day and then shoulders and back the next day, it made sense. Now I am on a system I really like where I work out 5 days a week actually doing smart lifts. On rest days I work calves, forearms, and sometimes abs, though I found out I don't really need to workout abs because of deadlifts, squats, and a low bf%.

holy sh*t batman. awesome work.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

That's awesome. It gives me hope, too, because I look more or less like your 'before' picture now. Right now, my goal weight is 150, with an eventual hope of about 155-160. I'm currently hovering around 142.

Good luck man, if you need any help with anything let me know and I will be more than willing to help you out!!