Forums are back in action! ×

Amren the (wannabe) wood-elf

Mae Govannen, everyone!

I'm Amren (though in real life I'm undercover under a totally different, very Dutch name) and I actually don't look like my avatar. My elven features include a very pale, easily burnt skin and a rare shade of strawberry blond hair. But I wouldn't mind being a bit darker. Makes it easier going out into the sun!

I'm here to make me feel better about myself, to learn to love and optimize my body and health, and also to find some peace and quiet in the hectic modern world. I'm easily distracted and I find it incredibly difficult to focus on important stuff - I tend to end up wasting huge amounts of time on the internet.. doing nothing!! I know I can't be the only one! :tongue: So my main goals here are 
a ) become healthier (better diet, sportier).
b ) learn to accept and love myself. 
c ) learn to spend my time more efficiently.

Which all leads to my final goal:
D ) Be happy!

I'm all for natural beauty. I haven't used make-up in.. well, I never really used make-up anyway, just for special occasions. I have switched to organic shampoo (without all the fake ingredients that make your hair look shiny but also make it itchy and dandrufffy) and have considered making my own shampoo/soap/cosmetics for quite some time now, but I'm simply too busy with all my other hobbies and engagements! Well, it isn't suprising that I'd like to reach my goal by natural means. I'm going to take it slow, build it up, focus on healthy food and stress reduction. Also, I'd like to get closer to nature some more. As in, do some more outdoors-y activities and appreciate the trees and such.

In real life, I study Biology and follow a Chinese course on the side. I'm a tiny bit of a Tolkien/GRRM dork (only a tiny bit though). I have a lot of hobbies, including cooking, making jewellery, colouring (I have this colourbook for adults) and cuddling with my two cats. I would love to add 'making soap', 'knitting', 'making clothes', etc. to it... but that would be too expensive and time-consuming. One can't have all! :tongue:

I'd like to become sportier, but sadly I don't like that many sports. Even more unfortunate, the sports I do like tend to be either incompatible with my lifestyle (because they cannot be practised in the near vicinity or take up a lot of time) and/or be very expensive!

Sports I really love:

- Scuba diving!
- Badminton (but there's no badminton club nearby :( )
- Skiiing/snowboarding
- Windsurfing
- Canoeing/Kayaking

- Horse riding
- Ah, you get the picture...

Sports I sort-of like:

- Swimming
- Cycling
- walking

Sports I absolutely hate:

- Running/jogging
- Any teamsport with fanatics in the team (I'm just too clumsy to be of any help)

Sports that seem fun, but I need to try them out still:

- Hiking (but the landscape here is very boring - no mountains/hills within 100 km)
- Paragliding
- Canyoning/Climbing
- LARP
- Yoga
- Martial arts

- Dancing (esp. street dance)

Hopefully you can help me choose a sport I can stay with that is menagable in my environment :)
Sorry for the long text - I can understand if tl;dr ;)

All the best,
Amren

Level 1 Wood-elf
Aspiring druid and adventurer
Current challenge