Forums are back in action! ×

Hi all,

I'm a brand new recruit and love the atmosphere here already.

A few things about me:

I'm 35, female, 172cm, 60kg, body fat % approx. 30% (on those crappy scales at the gym).

I'm a mechanical engineer with a physics degree and a speciality in subsea oil and gas.

I'm a massive Tolkien fan, read the LoTR the first time at age 8 and haven't stopped re-reading since. Named my dog after Luthien's dog in the Silmarillion.

I live with my husband and our 2 year old son.

After a lifetime of nerdy, uncoordinated couch-potato-ism, I started out in my late 20's with running when I got drunk with some mates and they dared me to run a half marathon. So I did it. Then I got hooked, and did some more, and got injured. That's when I looked into strength training as a way to protect myself from over-use injuries. Then I got strong, did the 300 challenge, trained for my first marathon, got my PT qualification and got excited. 5 weeks out from my first marathon, I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant! I still ran on race day, but just the 10k, not the marathon.

These days I'm in a totally different world of toddler care and part time work. I rarely get to the gym or out for a long run. I haven't run more than 5k for over a year and I really feel it.

Goals:

Get strong! Get back to being able to do 50 push ups. Be able to complete at least 5 pull ups (currently can't do 1).

Get running! Run a 5k race before the end of the year. Complete the "Walk to Rivendell" section of the Eowyn Challenge.

Plan of attack at the moment:

Do 1 gym weights session and 2 x NF body weight strength sessions per week

Walk with my dog 1st thing every morning. Turn walks into runs, starting with 1 per week and working up.

Learn Chi Running technique and apply it to walks and runs.

Other plans and ideas will come I'm sure as I continue reading here.

• Like 1

From the ashes a fire shall be woken

Welcome!!

You are so in the right place, can I say. We live and breathe technology and gaming, obviously. Have you ever run with your son? Might be fun. Also, Chi Running? Sounds great, I'll have to research that.

If you like you can start a battle log here and keep track of what you're doing now and what some of your goals are and how to get them done. Check out the forums, there are all kinds of threads to learn from and enjoy.

PM me anytime and I'll do what I can. This is gonna work for you! Good Luck!

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On