Forums are back in action! ×

Holla!

I'm L0coM0tive. My friends call me L0co. The username is also my (original) XBL gamertag. There are many things I attribute to this name:

• Locomotives are trains. Trains are badass. Easy.
  • Loco + motive. I like this part for being a gamertag. 'Watch out, he's crazy man. He'll mess you stuff up!'
  • The Limp Bizkit song, "Break Stuff." Some days, feelin' like a freight train / First one to complain, leaves with a bloodstain / Damn right I'm a maniac, you betta watch yo' back / because I'm f*ckin' up your program!

All of that pertains more to gaming online, than IRL, so why did I choose to use it here as well? I think it's time for, another list!

• Locomotives are trains. Trains are badass. Easy.
  • Freight trains are monstrously powerful, and not necessarily super sexy. Function before form- what I want to focus on in my training.
  • NF is Fitness + Nerdiness. So using an XBL gamertag seemed appropriate.

Some biographical information:

How I learned about NF: Surfing teh interwebz.

Vitals: 6'2", 201 lbs [Note: Turns out 200lbs is the OHShi... number for me.], ~20% bodyfat

Goal Vitals: 6'2", 185lbs, ~10% bodyfat

Current LBM: ~160lbs

Goal LBM: ~167lbs

Instead of redditing during a slow day at work yesterday, I stumbled across NF, and Steve's blog. I was fascinated. It already jives with some of the stuff I'm trying to do (focusing on powerlifting, HIIT, paleo) and spins it in a way that's relatable to me. Nerdy.

So here I am. I just came out of a dark time in my life, and gained a good 20lbs in the process. The first goal is to lose that 20lbs, and get a bit stronger in the process. I'm hoping to drop most of it by 11/18- the day I leave for a weekend in Puerto Vallarta.

After that, I'll have to reevaluate what I want to do, but I have a general idea. Become like a freight train, strong and fast.

Lookin' forward to diving in!

-L0c

This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.

George Bernard Shaw

ALLLLL ABOARD!! AhAHAhaha......

DUNDUN, DUNDUN, DUNDUN.

AYEE AYEE AYEE

DUNDUN, DUNDUN, DUNDUN.

Awesome song, for sure. Good one for powerlifting.

So to add to the bio information above, here's what I'm doing.

Workout A:

Squats (4x10)

Leg Extensions (3x15/12/10)

Leg Curls (3x15/12/10)

Medicine Ball Twist Lunges (3x14)

Hanging Leg lifts/Spidermans superset (2xFail)

Workout B:

Renegade Rows (3x10)

Bosu Pushups (3xfail)

Medicine ball Slams (3x15)

Obviously, workout A is more intense than work out B. I'm going to be adding other lifts again shortly (bench, and deadlift) but I've been out of the gym for a while, so I wanted to get my body back used to being active before pushing too hard on powerlifts.

Also, I should be doing HIIT at the end of both workouts (Stationary bike, rowing, elliptical etc), but I don't like cardio. I gotta man up and do it... I know, I know.

Diet:

Paleo-ish.

Yesterday:

Breakfast: Two Eggs, Oatmeal, cup of coffee w/non-dairy creamer.

Mid-Morning: 1 apple, sliced with Almond Butter

Lunch: Spinach/mixed greens salad with red peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and raisins dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, Salmon fillet.

Afternoon: 1 can of tuna w/spinach. Dressed w/ olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Cup of green tea.

Evening: Lemon pepper chicken w/ steamed broccoli, flavored soda water.

Today:

Breakfast: Two Eggs, Oatmeal, cup of coffee w/non-dairy creamer.

Mid-Morning: 1 apple, sliced with Almond Butter

Lunch: P.F. Changs Lunch special: Honey chicken w/ brown rice and a bowl of egg drop soup. Diet coke.

Afternoon (later): Leftover chicken and broccoli

Dinner: TBD. Probably chicken and broccoli. Maybe some beans, too.

So that's a short snapshot... what are your thoughts?

This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.

George Bernard Shaw

Hm. Happy Hour is my Final Boss.

Drank too much on Friday Night -> Didn't go to the gym -> Saturday Hangover -> Didn't Gym Saturday -> Fail.

HH - 1

L0co - 0

I made 3 smaller goals for myself that I'm almost achieving on a regular basis:

1. Wake up when the alarm goes off. No snoozing.

2. Eat eggs and oatmeal for breakfast.

3. Gym at least 3x a week.

One and two are pretty solid, but three is a struggle. For some reason, getting to the gym is hard for me. I need to figure out a way to motivate myself.

George Bernard Shaw

Honestly? Hangovers and workouts are best friends for me. Lurve sweating it out after a good night out. Mind you, I'm also more of a clubber.

Side note; I work at a company that manufactures rail cars. Small world.

Do yourself a favour though and do HIIT on non-workout days. You'll hate your life less that way.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Do yourself a favour though and do HIIT on non-workout days. You'll hate your life less that way.

Yeah? Help with soreness?

I started taking BCAAs pre-workout, and that helps a ton.

George Bernard Shaw

Hm.

It's been a while. All of the above still apply. Also, ripped the ass out of a pair of pants at one point. Sweeeet.

Gotta get back to it.

George Bernard Shaw

good to see you back on the train.

Create yourself a workout log, or jump on the Warriro Challenge thread, we've got guys to keep you pumped.

How have the workouts been? Are you including your power lifts yet?

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger