Forums are back in action! ×

Introducing me, myself and I

Hello guys and girls of NF

Allow me to introduce myself:

I'm Rutger, 26years old, coming from Belgium.

I have a history of losing and gaining weight. I followed weightwatchers for a few months... twice. First went from 103kg to 85kg, then back up to 99kg. The second time I went from 99kg to 79kg back to 97.7kg

That final weight was one month ago. In between I tried working out, some quick diets, "trying to eat healthy", but it never lasted long, and I never knew what I was doing.

That one month ago, a random dude on the internet pointed me towards NerdFitness. I started reading... And reading... And reading... 

Now I'm eating around 70% Paleo (still need something to replace yoghurt in the morning to get up to 80-90%), and I started doing the Basic Bodyweight workout. And in between these days I am doing some interval training. 

But it was too much at once, and after around 2 weeks my old habits kicked back in... Too much change isn't that sustainable. But after the 3rd week, I got back on track. I decided what my goals are. And I'm going for it no matter what. Friends go out drinking? Hello 2 beers and water. GF wants junkfood? Sure, I'll go get it, after I cooked my own healthy meal.

Eating out or with family? Still didn't occur yet, so all advice welcome  :nevreness:

Currently I'm weighing around 92.7kg, which means I already lost 5kg!

Now, what the hell am I planning to do:

1)Learn to cook more paleo. Just recipe after recipe after recipe. Sometimes I'm too lazy too look for new stuff, so I'll cook the same old, but I do try to bring some variety in my diet. And of course trying to get my 70% paleo up to 90% 

2)Strength training: Currenty still at the beginner bodyweight workout. I'm trying to get that mastered first, before moving to the advanced workout. But after a while, I want to start pumping iron. I am a huge fan of numbers, so seeing numbers in weight training is awesome for me. But I'm still not clear how to do that practically. Money is a bit tight now, but me and my GF are going to check out a gym tomorrow.

3)Interval training: Because the heart is a muscle too. Better train it as well. And interval doesn't take that much time.

I am aware that there is a long road ahead of me. I still have a lot too learn. A lot to plan/insert into my life. 

But I've got the motivation. Let's do this.

(I had some frontal and side pics taken a few days ago, I'll post them somewhere on this forum when I've improved!)

Edit: and if you'll excuse me now, I've got a bodyweight workout to do.

• Like 1

Welcome!

It's great you got here. I know, I read for like 4 days straight when I first found NF.

So I'm thinking, sign up and hop into the Level 1 Challenge and get crackin'. Whatda you say?

There's a sign up drop down menu up top. Just fill it out and then go to this forum and create another thread. You can copy and paste this into it to get things started. Also, feel free to PM Blaidd or myself if you need anything. I know there's a mini challenge going on and she has folks going through their goals to make sure they're SMART. Might be a good place to check out and see what people are up to and if any of it clicks for you.

I'm so glad you have found the motivation to keep moving forward. 

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On