Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings fellow Rebels!

Hello everyone!

I've been a long time member of the forum (since summer of 2012), but only now have I found the time to post something. And what better way to kick-start my NF forum activity than with an introduction :)

Born with a lazy eye, I had confidence issues for the most part of my life--feeling like something less, been bullied, couldn't talk to girls if my life depended on it, etc. That's why during my teenage years I would spend most of my free time indoors, playing video games (Civilization 4, Galactic Civilizations II, Splinter Cell, Hitman, etc.) and building rockets and rocket motors. While being a nerd/geek was cool and all, the unhealthy lifestyle lead me down the path of weakness and fatness. I felt like there was more to life than just geeking out 24/7.

Luckily for me though, I came across strength training when I was 18 years old and when I tried to deadlift for the first time, I was hooked for life. Strength training literally saved my life. It helped me build muscle mass, but most importantly, the iron thought me to accept myself as I am--a nerd who loves to play video games and lift heavy stuff. No more pretending to be something I'm not, all in the name of fitting in.

The confidence gained with the help of the iron (and kickboxing) gave me the courage to go after things I never thought possible:

• Go work and travel in the United States, by myself for 6 months.
  • Go work and live in Germany for 4 months.
  • Talking to girls I found attractive (lol).
  • Starting my own website (nobrainermuscle.com for those of you interested :)).

I'm now at a point in my life where I feel really at peace and grateful for every experience that has happened to me (good and bad). I think that I wouldn't be in the place I am today without strength training.

Hopefully, my story and the knowledge I gained from all of the years lifting and being in the trenches, will help add value to this wonderful community.

Looking forward to hanging out with you fellow Rebels! :)

Dejan

PS: Is it possible to be a mix of classes? Like Warrior/Monk?

• Like 1

Pozdrav!

I know what's it like to be without confidence to approach girls and felt awkward.

Ironically, weights kept me from drowning in my own depression few years ago.

Now, lifting backed me up again when I started doing it after a long break.

It feels great to be alive!

So far as I know, mixed classes aren't allowed, but you can always switch to another class.

Closest to warrior/monk is ranger (according to their definition of a range class).

• Like 1

Edoxil the Protector

Level 3 Warrior

STR 7 || DEX 0 || STA 3 || CON 5 || WIS 5 || CHA 0

Welcome!

Glad you shared your story. Lifting is awesome! I just did a workout today that totally crushed my shoulders. Tomorrow should be great!

As far as Classes are concerned, you can only have one guild badge and can only enter one class (any one) during one challenge. You can certainly skip around to different guilds for each challenge. However, you can hang out in any of the threads you want to. SO if your challenge is with the Warriors, but you want to check in with Monks about something, by all means head on over! And, when you make your signature, you can put in there, the Classes/Professions that speak to you.

See you round the forums!

Cheers

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On