Forums are back in action! ×

Hello ever one. I've grown tired of some of my other forums I frequent and I've hit fitness pretty hard the last couple months figured I'd join a fitness forum to waste my time at work on.

31 year old male 6'4" 240lbs been running a lot lately. About 5 miles a day and doing a mild upper body work out twice a week. I'm a new father, my son just turned 1 and I was tied of just sitting around after my son went to sleep. So I bought a treadmill and a used bow flex. And all my work had been done on that.

Background played a lot of basketball and football in school. Graduated in 2002. In 2006 I picked up mma & jiu jitsu. Did pretty well winning a few fights and multiple grappling turnies. I've got asked to do an 8 man invitational. Ran into some health problems and gained a lot of weight. Kinda looking to lose some weight and maybe doing some mma again.

• Like 1

Hey! Congrats on the newly found fatherhood. I bet that doesn't help with finding time to get some exercise done! ;)

Welcome on board and hope to see you around.

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Welcome to the forum,

Martial arts are so much fun, I imagine you are going for the monk guild then? I have done a couple of types in the past from Karate to Tai Chi (I love Tai Chi, it is such a dirty martial arts). I am currently learning a self defence system in the UK called ABC Combat System. It matches the moves of the system to letters of the alphabet, it sounds odd and a bit silly I know, but works really well. It uses techniques from everything from kung fu to Victorian era bare knuckle boxing. 

Are you a fan of just the grappling arts or do you like the striking arts too aka Mauy Thai, Wing Chun, etc?

Once again, nice to meet you and good luck your path.