Forums are back in action! ×

[Sept.15 - Oct. 26] There is only war: A Warhammer Fantasy PvP experiment

Xena, I'm in the same boat.  It's all fun, right??

Front Rank
24 Dwarf Sea Dogs 
3 Sea Serpent Riders
22 Harpooners
20 Grog lubbers

Left flank
33 Pirates

Right flank
31 buccaneers

Rear
6 deck gunners
5 powder monkeys
3 swivel gunners 
1 flying galley

• Like 3

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Well, mine is in her cups after recruiting those grog lubbers!!

• Like 2

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Alala spent the days leading up to battle in high anticipation. She joined her tribeswomen in exercises and contests of strength and battle skill both to inspire and to learn the true capabilities of her warriors. It had been like old times, and a much appreciated break from the rigid formalities of the Queen's court and life as a Sisterhood priestess. Astride her black jaguar, running through the forest with other huntresses and beast masters, she felt truly alive again. She was satisfied. They were ready.

The night would be spent in final preparations - a dance with drums and songs of battles past and brave deeds done by ancestors, a ritual purification before combat so that each woman would be prepared to lay down her life for the tribes with the sure knowledge that her deeds would always be honored and remembered, and some private time alone to contemplate her battle plans and to honor her goddess.

Amazon Battle Units and Deployments

Front

2 squads of Amazon Warriors, 20 each

3 squads of Piranha Warriors, 10 each

1 squad of Eagle warriors, 10

1 squad Medusa (pending), 3

Left Flank

1 squad Huntresses, 5

1 squad Jaguar Warriors, 10

Right Flank

1 squad Beast Masters and Jaguar Packs, 5

1 squad Jungle Stalkers, 10

Rear

2 squads of Cold Ones, 5 each

2 squads of Terradon Riders, 3 each

2 squads of Piranha Warriors, 10 each

2 squads of Amazon Warriors, 10 each

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

I'm pretty sure that I'm not earning anymore troops between now and Sunday, 'cause I ain't doing nothing but stretches the rest of this week.  It is really not that good an good idea to do 100 squats the first day working out when the closest thing you've had to a serious workout in the past six months or so is 'that one time you went to a yoga studio'. (especially considering that I wasn't in decent shape 6 months ago...  or 6 years ago..  maybe 16 years ago.)

But it actually feels good to be sore, as long as I am sitting still and it is a mild sore that reminds me I worked out.  Not when I move though...  I imagine teaching is going to be great fun tomorrow considering it hurts to move on my legs and lift my arms, and I crammed in some extra exercises with the parts that didn't hurt earlier today.

• Like 3

Level 10 Vegetarian Vampire Warrior

STR: 16 DEX: 7 STA: 6 WIS: 46 CON: 27 CHA: 17

Intro | Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Owie. I'm with you, MaLKaV. I got rather carried away with workouts, putting in more than double of my usual week's worth of endurance, strength and flexibility training in 4 days. I wanted to see if I could do it and it's just more fun when it translates to something like this. I went right up to the edge of what I can do, though. My heavy bag hasn't had beatings like the last few days in a very, very long time! Very happy that my elbow is still holding up!

On my way home from work soon and can finish off the last little bit of yoga to get that Medusa, then send my troop instructions to D_R!

Then, it's two days of rest (at least - see how many troops I have left vs. how sore I am!), with stretching and foam rolling! :)

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Ok, so due to the size of my army I will just post everything here.

3x irondrakes

1x dwarf warrior

1x longbeard

1x thunderer

Okri looked over his little band of warriors from the top of the outpost wall.

"My kinsmen! Our only chance in the coming battle is to hold the walls of this outpost while our blacksmiths continue to forge and repair weapons for our brethren! Man the walls and don't let any of that chaos scum through!"

Belegar turns to his cousin and says "Okri, I don't think we will last long with 6 armed dwarves versus so many servants of chaos."

"Fear not Belegar, if they come against us here they will feel the strength of a dwarf built wall and the weight of our grudges from the time of our ancestors... Besides, there is an access tunnel to the mine shaft below the blacksmith's shop. If things become untenable we can escape that way. If we cannot stop the tide of chaos here our brothers in Karak Kadrin should be warned!"

So since I have a negligible army this round I'm just posting my orders here. My dwarves are essentially refusing to engage, they will stay where they are and take potshots with the thunderer's rifle until such time as the enemy attacks them, then they'll head for the hills.

I guess what's needed for next battle is lots more reps! I kind of took it easy this week for the reasons stated, I also work as an elementary school teacher so I've been shy of what would happen if I worked out too hard and couldn't move as normal, they'd surely notice and say something lol. On the plus side I can run around with them a bit at gym time for cardio.

• Like 1

Okri Kadrinsson ~ Level 1 Dwarf Adventurer

Str 2  Dex 1   Sta 1   Con 3   Wis 2   Cha 1

Challenge Commander Kidd's first adventurer challenge

“So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.†

― J.R.R. TolkienThe Hobbit

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't posted my bio and details yet.

Race: Human (Norsca)
God: None - Halftor's band very generally follows the gods of chaos
General: Halftor
1st Ability: Skald

• Are they spellcasters or not? - No spellcasting
  • Do they prefer to fight from a distance or up close and personal? - Up close.
  • What is their weapon of choice? - Halftor wields a longsword and a small, well-balanced hand axe, claimed from the corpse of a fallen opponent.
  • Are they frontline leaders or do they achieve tactical superiority by giving orders from a vantage point? - Halftor leads from the front lines, reveling in the chaos of battle and bathing in the blood of his enemies.
  • How do they feel about their race's religion? - Halftor bends his knee to nobody, god or otherwise. Considering himself to be an extension of their will, Halftor literally believes himself to be the right hand of the Chaos pantheon.

• Like 1

Life is full of hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can.

Swinging_Jarnbjorn: Lv 1 Asgardian Ranger

Focus Up! My current challenge.

Loss As A Motivator

Then, it's two days of rest (at least - see how many troops I have left vs. how sore I am!), with stretching and foam rolling! :)

I use a lacrosse ball for that kind of stuff. But it hurts so much I find it hard to keep up with...

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Here's my Army and deployment

Front

• 10 Orcs - Core (Led by Redskar)
  • 60 Night Goblins - Core

Right Flank

• 4 Black Orcs - Special

Left Flank

• 3 Savage Boarboyz - Special

I'll add more tonight, hopefully in time when the fighting starts! Also there are 2 Fanatics hidden somewhere in my Army (wink wink)

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I guess what's needed for next battle is lots more reps! I kind of took it easy this week for the reasons stated, I also work as an elementary school teacher so I've been shy of what would happen if I worked out too hard and couldn't move as normal, they'd surely notice and say something lol. On the plus side I can run around with them a bit at gym time for cardio.

None shall escape!

Seriously though taking care of yourself has to be number one. 

But dont think my troops wont slaughter you, its nothing personal, but you know, chaos...

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Ab exercises count for nothing in my world. I'm going to assume it's because badass elven maidens/generals must have rock-hard abs as a precondition   :playful:  I'll consider it an ante to this game!

For everyone asking about planking...it could count as a yoga position (I know a minute is kind of a lot...I'm just saying). I'm also figuring that VERY slow yoga (yin style, holding poses for 3 minutes or more) could count as meditation with some effort (clearing the mind or using some other meditation technique, i.e., not just stretching while watching tv). I figured the very slow meditative yoga would count as yoga OR meditation, not both...let me know if anyone objects.

I tend to lift relatively high reps with lighter weights (e.g., 3 sets of 10...close to the max that I could safely do for the complete 3 sets). For the game, I'll be sure to lift at least what I have been lifting recently, increasing where appropriate. But if we have any powerlifters, I could imagine adding in some correction factor down the line.

I lift heavy, but all of my movements are 24 or 25 reps on the day, with the exception of my deadlift. So my squats are 5x5, as are bench press and overhead press. Other exercises are 3x8. And I'm not afraid of throwing in bonus lifts. Reps for units!

• Like 2

Loss As A Motivator

Edited my last post to reflect taking the dog for a run before bed. 15 minute cardio and one more drake gun huzzah! Now prepare to watch the stunties flee! lol

Okri Kadrinsson ~ Level 1 Dwarf Adventurer

Str 2  Dex 1   Sta 1   Con 3   Wis 2   Cha 1

Challenge Commander Kidd's first adventurer challenge

“So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.†

― J.R.R. TolkienThe Hobbit

Ok, here we go. In the future I'll battle log my pvp exercises and link to them from my posts, but I'm disorganized tonight. 

My orders:

Front: 10 x bondsman, 20 x thrall, 10 x Marauders

Left: 3 x Ulfwerenar, 2 x Giant Wolf, 5 x Marauders, 5 x Reavers

Right: 2 x Ulfwerenar, 3 x Giant Wolves, 5 x Marauders, 5 x Reavers

Back: 10 x Shield Maiden

Loss As A Motivator

Seriously though taking care of yourself has to be number one. 

But dont think my troops wont slaughter you, its nothing personal, but you know, chaos...

This is the epitome of Nerdiness. I love it!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

New workout means MOAR BOYZ!!!

Front

• 20 Orcs - Core (Led by Redskar)

Right Flank

• 8 Black Orcs - Special

Left Flank

• 6 Savage Boarboyz - Special

And that makes 4 Fanatics in total!

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

I use a lacrosse ball for that kind of stuff. But it hurts so much I find it hard to keep up with...

Oh the dreaded lacrosse ball...me, too. They work, but oh the pain!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir