Forums are back in action! ×

[Sept.15 - Oct. 26] There is only war: A Warhammer Fantasy PvP experiment

I was trying to think of an epic speech as we were driving through the mountains today but it just wouldn't come. The Dwarves are marching to war against Chaos following in the steps of Grimnir. They are even setting aside their grudges against the elves for the time being as avenging the death of ones God comes before avenging a shaved beard.

Here is what I can bring:

Iron Drakes 10, Warriors 15, Longbeards 15, Thunderers 10, Quarrellers 10, Cannon 1, Grudge Thrower 1

I know it's not much but it will help in the fight against Chaos so have at you cn3wton!

My Lord will join the longbeards in a central position with iron drakes to cover one of his flanks.

Dwarves aren't much for marching so we'll sit back and shoot them as they come to us. Itsdaniel will issue specific orders for us and we will not initiate violence against any but the forces of Chaos, but Grimnir help them if anyone betrays us (or betrays us again in regards to the pointy eared ones!).

Good luck all, and may Grimnir be with us in the coming battle!

• Like 2

Okri Kadrinsson ~ Level 1 Dwarf Adventurer

Str 2  Dex 1   Sta 1   Con 3   Wis 2   Cha 1

Challenge Commander Kidd's first adventurer challenge

“So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.†

― J.R.R. TolkienThe Hobbit

The PM says that DR can't get any more messages. Since time is running out, I'll be open and post here.

Same issue PMing DR

Apologies, mass-messaging and me forgetting to clean up my inbox led to no more storage space. I've cleared it up now, in case anyone else needs to message me

Still missing the units/orders from Red, JoeBlend and Crusunik. I'll start processing the smaller battles first to give them sometime. If I haven't heard from them until it's time to do the final showdown, they will be considered as having stayed home to defend

• Like 2

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Updating - I am adding that Medusa back in. Just went and did another workout to get a few more Amazon Warriors to balance out the Rare unit. Yay! Just in time...

Will edit it the post above now and message you, D_R.Every little bit helps!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Listen, Dreghar!

Off in the distance... Sorta the female version of this...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HE2cuZCs4Vc

^^^ I like this one, but you have to watch it on youtube. 

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

A little teaser until the climatic battle in the Chaos Wastes is resolved...

Zarthan's army rolled into The Border Kingdoms, bent on enslaving the entire population that sparsely populated the area. Their disorganized condition had cost them in trying to assemble a defending force. The Chaos Dwarf surveyed his opposition. Several Mercenary Militia, the kind that frequented the area, made up the core. Behind them, footmen bearing handguns and a large cannon. Better than the bowmen he expected to face, but still no match for dwarven engineering. In a pathetic attempt to guard their flanks, the locals had mustered two small bands of Pistoleers, adventurous hit-and-run minor nobles.

pistolier_by_piemasterxl-d5r1inc.png

He was pleased with the discipline he'd managed to instill in his troops. By the time they got into firing range, only one bunch of hobgoblins had any internal trouble and even that only cost the life of a single troop. Worthless. To his left, the wolf-riding hobgoblins charged into a hail of bullets and met their demise, but managed to kill 3 Pistoleers. To his right, the Bull Centaurs charged, trampling on the one that got shot down by gunfire. On their flank, a troupe of local hunters appeared but posed no threat. So, they fancied themselves tacticians, eh? This might prove to be interesting after all...

centaur_warrunner_by_cubeman99-d6aca3e.j

Zarthan's Hobgoblins marched, launching javelins that slew about a quarter of the Militia. The two firing lines shot at each other, but only two Handgunners fell in the end. As the Inferno Gun tried to supress the Huntsmen, the imperial Canon shot wide and killed a lone unlucky Hobgoblin that had strayed from the ranks.

The smell of blood fired up the Sneaky Gitz on his left. Half of them were lost in the struggle, which left his flank greatly exposed to the remaining Pistoliers. He barked out orders to get them fighting the proper enemy, which ended up with both sides dead. On the other side, the Bull Centaurs got gunned down, while the Sneaky Gitz were furious to be out-sneaked by the Huntsmen, so they threw a blizzard of shurikens at them, claiming the lives of 7. Another one was shot dead by the Inferno Gun, but the Huntsmen managed to retaliate and kill all the Sneaky Gitz on their side, save for one. The Handgunners missed again, paying for it with three more men. This time the Cannon shot true and killed four Hobgoblins, but the pack shot more javelins at the militia with a terrible shriek, as they made the final dash to engage them in hand-to-hand combat. The poisoned blades of the Sneaky Gitz, coupled with the sheer numbers of the Hobgoblins resulted in the utter annihilation of any remaining militia. This allowed the Chaos Dwarfs and Black Orks to charge the ranks of the Handgunners. Just four imperial men survived. Behind them, the Immortals moved to finish off the Pistoliers, while the terrible contraption known as the Whirlwind mowed down all the Huntsmen, sustaining minimal damage in the process. In it's dying shot, the Cannon slew four Devastators before getting dismantled. The remaining Hobgoblins practically used their bodies to bury any Handgunners left.

War horns signalled the victorious end. The troops took their time to butcher and loot the corpses before falling back in rank and returned to count the dead

Just for the record

Defender's losses: 2 squads of 5 Pistoliers each, 1 squad of 40 Free Company Militia, 1 squad of 20 Handgunners, 1 Cannon

Chaos Dwarf losses: 5 Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders, 1 squad of 3 Bull Centaurs, 2 squads of 5 Sneaky Gitz each, 21 Hobgoblins, 3 Chaos Dwarf Warriors, 1 Immortal, 3 Devastators

Total body count: 117 dead

• Like 2

Lvl 65 Multitasker

This.... is going to take some time

IMG_20141011_175014.jpg

These are pieces of paper, representing squads, with their name and unit number on. Bottom is cn3wton's Chaos army, top is the combined forces of Albion, Amazons, High Elves, Dwarves and Vampires. Wish I had the army models to represent this EPIC battle :)

Much as I love you folks, I'm not staying in on a Saturday night to work this out. Results should be out on Sunday

• Like 4

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Oh man, I'm hoping it's a quiet night in Heraklion and D_R doesn't sleep in on Sunday...not that I begrudge him a little fun, but the suspense is killing me, too!

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Lol at our 'formation'

We didn't do a two page coordinated battle plan...

Plan was essentially, "Hey D_R, This is what we got. Throw everything at the enemy!" *War whoops, battle cries, and such*

I hope King Tregan has a few pipers and war harpers out there, so we can go out in proper Celtic fashion. Few know that Khalith was a warrior woman of the Celts in a previous life. Very fond of the pipes... :)

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Guess 4 generals working together turns out to be more chaotic than a single general of Chaos working alone ;)

Yep. Surprise, confuse, beat him at his own game...

Looks like he went all neat and orderly with the same idea!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Five - Tregan, Malarielle, Albrecht von Carstein, Okri Kadrinsson, Khalith.

Didn't forget anyone in that mass of chaos? :)

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Think "Ranged."

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Double. Danged tablet.

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

My bad. Six. I left out Dryden. That's a lot of generals! No wonder our formation looks like that!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Just so you guys know my battle strategy was about 2 pages long, and so complicated and epic that I had to send photos.

I gotta get something for that right? lol

Such planning ahead. You're lucky if the fickle entities of chaos don't realize you aren't one of a like mind and abandon you to my dogs.

I think our "formation" shows the true devotees of chaos in this battle.

Level 10 Vegetarian Vampire Warrior

STR: 16 DEX: 7 STA: 6 WIS: 46 CON: 27 CHA: 17

Intro | Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Arrrrggghhhhh

Kind of matches your picture :-)

I hope King Tregan has a few pipers and war harpers out there, so we can go out in proper Celtic fashion. Few know that Khalith was a warrior woman of the Celts in a previous life. Very fond of the pipes... :)

I specified a while back that all the exercises I do that don't fit into any elf army categories are going toward musicians, cup bearers and a massage therapist. I think we're all set. I do a lot of situps and such.

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

A little teaser until the climatic battle in the Chaos Wastes is resolved...

Zarthan's army rolled into The Border Kingdoms, bent on enslaving the entire population that sparsely populated the area.

Smart tactical move. Now me and the derfs don't know whether to attack each other, you, or prepare to defend next round. Do we get a good three way battle if you and me both invade the dwarf kingdom next round? Assuming two of those three parties aren't dead tomorrow, of course.

Anyway, do chaos derfs hate derfs? I don't really like either derf that much. they're too small to provide adequate meals and they have a bad habit of shooting at me while I slowly march my infantry to whatever area they are stinking up. Plus, have you ever tried to bite the neck of someone with a long flowing beard? I haven't, and I don't want to imagine it. But even trying not to imagine it is mildly disturbing, so I can't imagine wanting to do it.

I'ld totally be annexing derf territory this round if I hadn't decided that the chaos beasts were too close for comfort and I couldn't reasonably attempt to nullify the threat without some major help. Plus, this battle should be one epic celebration of taking off the training wheels, right?

I still want cn3wton's head on a pike in the preferable outcome that we win, but I wonder if he-who-might-slaughter-us-all may want to consider beating this mangy dog into submission instead of killing him, since the target on his chaotic back is unlikely to disappear overnight. As a Lawful Evil vampire, I won't turn on my allies now, but I would make a very trustworthy servant to send home with a head if the current alliance was destroyed in the field. *wink, wink*

• Like 1

Level 10 Vegetarian Vampire Warrior

STR: 16 DEX: 7 STA: 6 WIS: 46 CON: 27 CHA: 17

Intro | Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

So, due to this being grand pvp are we fallowing Warhammer lore strictly or is it just free for all and we create our own lore?

I only ask as i picked my army based on workout style and then learned of there story etc, they are pretty pigeonholed by their lore.

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge