Forums are back in action! ×

[Sept.15 - Oct. 26] There is only war: A Warhammer Fantasy PvP experiment

Is anyone else browsing the lists to decide how well exercises they do match up with their next possible races? It's a shame there are no stats on the other undead races yet, because charging in with monstrous spinxes sounds quite charming. Of course, I sorta like the ninja rats too. You can imagine sending out packs of cowards led by little Splinter-like commanders.

Note: I have complete confidence in our alliance, except when I don't.

I realized looking at stats I'ld almost like to see my Varghulf vs a Shaggoth in this fight, but I'ld much prefer to see someone's ranged units (since I have none) handle Shaggoth(s) and the Varghulf tear through a pack or three little to mid toughness units.

• Like 2

Level 10 Vegetarian Vampire Warrior

STR: 16 DEX: 7 STA: 6 WIS: 46 CON: 27 CHA: 17

Intro | Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

This reveals a fair bit of my intentions, but my primary goal is exercise not strategy :-)

A pledge...of sorts

I've done the math, and wow, you guys work out a lot :-)

I'll pledge to raise at least 2000 APV this week.

If I'm confident in the alliance, and my homeland is not in direct danger of attack, I'll send my surviving soldiers from this weekend plus the 2000 APV to support whatever we decide is best (unless I have to remove some for balance issues).

The pledge is really just an incentive for me. It seems like a heck of a lot (a 20 mile run only counts for 280 points!! I have to be careful to make time for other sorts of exercise). Anyone else want to set a goal for the week? (Just for fun).

---------------

@Mad Malkov...I have looked at other armies a bit. It would probably be better for me stats-wise to pick something else, but I'm enjoying being a self-righteous delusional elven badass

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

I'd like to feed Dreghar's spies and agitators and the probable bomber to your Vargulf...

Wonder how that sort of thing can be worked into the game, given that Dreghar has opened that can of worms.

Of course, D_R may decide that is unneeded complication and not something that can be properly pointed, which would probably be for the best. Might spice up the role play story line, but not much point if there can be no effect.

I haven't given in to that temptation. Khalith is committed.

I'm wondering what it takes to get to a level 2 spellcaster?

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

@Xena I like incentivizing ourselves, but would suggest we don't overextend ourselves or telegraph our moves. :)

Oh what the heck, maybe I'll go for 2000, too. If cn3newton tries to go for the 10,000 or more that we can all throw together, he'll burn out by Wednesday...

We might even convince the conspicuously absent Norscans and others to join in glorious battle in the chaos wastes. :)

• Like 3

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Yeah, I'ld like to have more than one spell too. I don't have anything to buff my carts and make them scary yet, but I can't not have my heal. 1d6 infantry troops restored per round is fun, fun.

I'm seriously surprised how motivating this whole thing has been to get me exercising. I guess the part of me that prefers to lose is still alive in there somewhere. I've totally benefitted from the planks in seconds rule (but they are eat exercise), but even with that I've pushed myself to complete sets and get burns like I haven't done in ages.

And done about 250 more squats In The last week than I've done ever. They're surprisingly good for my knee if I keep my form stable and don't push too hard. I only ended up causing myself knee pain afterwards once (as opposed to muscle pain [DOMS] every freakin' time). The jumpin' jacks for bats hurts my knee a lot more. At least I got a strong core, and will pick a next race that doesn't do those.

I've gotten good use out of my little 35 pound KB, but I've felt weird exercising so much without pulling out my yoga mat. The squats might prove surprisingly helpful to rehabilitate my knee to where the warrior poses and such aren't so uncomfortable though. I could actually just count the time spent in planks from my standard yoga session and get more troops than I could from the entire session though. But there's lots of time for balance later, and it's fun sort've mixing it up.

• Like 3

Level 10 Vegetarian Vampire Warrior

STR: 16 DEX: 7 STA: 6 WIS: 46 CON: 27 CHA: 17

Intro | Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

My APV this week was only 4203, I wasnt able to work out friday at all, and thursday was very light. Since we are all basically sharing alot of what is going into the battle I figured I'd give you a troop list, no changing strategies now anyways :)

20 Chaos Warriors
80 Marauders
102 Chaos Warhounds
33 Marauder Horseman
10 Chaos Chariots
10 Forsaken
5 Chosen Led by Dreghar
10 Hellstriders of Slaanesh
5 Chaos Knights
3 Chaos Ogres
3 Chaos Trolls
3 Dragon Ogres
1 Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
8 Chaos Spawn

I have already made it clear to Dark_Raider that if you guys win this you can kill Dreghar, but if you write it I don't want you to make him go out like a wuss or anything, that would be upsetting. I trust you guys to make the right call. If I do lose I will be switching armies. Dreghar will be back at some point, but I kind of want to pick or more tactical race. Other than "Go kill stuff." I enjoy being the driving force behind the lore of our world. And thats why Dreghar will be back and why I have planted seeds for his eventual return if needed.

As far as spying goes thats the thing. In traditional RP such as this just because you read something in a post doesn't necessarily mean your general knows about it. For instance shadow lion was talking about the Quetl or however they are spelled. I knew she probably recruited them, but I didn't specifically account for them in my strategy because Dreghar wouldn't have necessarily known about them. But I think we should have the "everything you share is fair game" rule. 

But I'm not worried I still think I am going to win, your pathetic alliance is going down.  :pride:

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I'm wondering what it takes to get to a level 2 spellcaster?

I think that will be something that will happen in the next "game." If we switch to wins after this week its not fair for the people that won in the first week. And how do you determine experience?

All stuff that has to be sorted out first.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I'm seriously surprised how motivating this whole thing has been to get me exercising.

The same, my exercise routine is usually pretty intense, but this kicked it up a notch.

On the flip side however the night before a battle I am so excited I can hardly sleep, I was checking my email constantly last night. At 2am 5 am etc

• Like 2

Anyone else want to set a goal for the week? (Just for fun).

After defeating you all tomorrow morning I will be removing Albion from the map?

Lol no, if my army wins tomorrow I am going to switch to a far more tactical approach from here on out. 10000 APV huh... hmmm

• Like 2

Oh man, I was afraid you were going to have a whole mess of chaos spawn. Those things are killer.

I don't know how this one will go. The Albion Alliance has you on raw numbers, but you've got some of the toughest to kill units of anyone.

As everyone has been saying, it's going to be epic.

If Dreghar does go down this time, which I have my doubts (this is probably going to take more than one round and the outcome is uncertain), I don't think anyone will expect him to go easy... What fun would it be on either side for any of us to wuss out?

We want to kill you fair and square and have it be brutal, bloody, and everyone to have gruesome battle scars from it! This has me regretting my choice of Priestess at the moment. Want to be on that battle jaguar with the BeastMasters...if you're gonna go, let it be in glorious, gory splendour! May have to live out my delusional, self-righteousness vicariously through Malarielle! :)

• Like 2

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

I stayed up late and then woke up to check, too!

I think that will be something that will happen in the next "game." If we switch to wins after this week its not fair for the people that won in the first week. And how do you determine experience?

All stuff that has to be sorted out first.

Yeah. Will be interesting to see where D_R takes it next.

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Yeah, I'ld like to have more than one spell too. I don't have anything to buff my carts and make them scary yet, but I can't not have my heal. 1d6 infantry troops restored per round is fun, fun.

I'm seriously surprised how motivating this whole thing has been to get me exercising. I guess the part of me that prefers to lose is still alive in there somewhere. I've totally benefitted from the planks in seconds rule (but they are eat exercise), but even with that I've pushed myself to complete sets and get burns like I haven't done in ages.

And done about 250 more squats In The last week than I've done ever. They're surprisingly good for my knee if I keep my form stable and don't push too hard. I only ended up causing myself knee pain afterwards once (as opposed to muscle pain [DOMS] every freakin' time). The jumpin' jacks for bats hurts my knee a lot more. At least I got a strong core, and will pick a next race that doesn't do those.

I've gotten good use out of my little 35 pound KB, but I've felt weird exercising so much without pulling out my yoga mat. The squats might prove surprisingly helpful to rehabilitate my knee to where the warrior poses and such aren't so uncomfortable though. I could actually just count the time spent in planks from my standard yoga session and get more troops than I could from the entire session though. But there's lots of time for balance later, and it's fun sort've mixing it up.

Cool that it has helped you so much on the knee with the squats!

I took and restructured my training around things that would earn points, so I'm doing a lot more martial arts than I was before this PVP, plus LOTS of little bodyweight and/or strength circuits every day.

That has really helped my elbow, which has given me some major trouble over the last few challenges. Even though I dropped out of the YAYOG PVP to do this, I've adapted some of the principles from it along with parts of a firefighter enduro-strength/work hardening program that I am aiming for this winter and it is working great!

I've been shocked by how I've been racking up the numbers, too. Running at 150% or more over my challenge goals since this started, and feeling better at the higher work load! A lot of that is due to the balance of yoga to strength to endurance that D_R cooked into my recruiting requirements and which units I have chosen to focus on. Not sure how much different it might be as a different race, but AMAZON all the way, baby, for reaching my fitness goals!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

I do feel a little lonely surrounded by vampires, chaos, and chaos dwarfs. I don't think the Norsca are supposed to be much better friends to my people lol. Reading the 'new' Dwarf army book I picked up today made me realize the Dwarfs consider themselves avenged for the Elvish trickery and though they don't trust them they aren't exactly out for blood, good thing too as there are no Empire players for me to befriend (have to have some allies!). If I lose out here I may look into Lizardmen to give me some breathing room, I'm not hardcore enough to be surrounded by enemies lol.

Can't wait for the results, it's like Christmas all over again!

• Like 2

Okri Kadrinsson ~ Level 1 Dwarf Adventurer

Str 2  Dex 1   Sta 1   Con 3   Wis 2   Cha 1

Challenge Commander Kidd's first adventurer challenge

“So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.†

― J.R.R. TolkienThe Hobbit

I do feel a little lonely surrounded by vampires, chaos, and chaos dwarfs. I don't think the Norsca are supposed to be much better friends to my people lol. Reading the 'new' Dwarf army book I picked up today made me realize the Dwarfs consider themselves avenged for the Elvish trickery and though they don't trust them they aren't exactly out for blood, good thing too as there are no Empire players for me to befriend (have to have some allies!). If I lose out here I may look into Lizardmen to give me some breathing room, I'm not hardcore enough to be surrounded by enemies lol.

Can't wait for the results, it's like Christmas all over again!

You can come to the New World and be an Amazon, lol. It's great fun!

--------

I just had an unsettling thought. Here we've been thinking win/lose in the Chaos Wastes. What if it's a draw?

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

My APV this week was only 4203, I wasnt able to work out friday at all, and thursday was very light. Since we are all basically sharing alot of what is going into the battle I figured I'd give you a troop list, no changing strategies now anyways :)

20 Chaos Warriors

80 Marauders

102 Chaos Warhounds

33 Marauder Horseman

10 Chaos Chariots

10 Forsaken

5 Chosen Led by Dreghar

10 Hellstriders of Slaanesh

5 Chaos Knights

3 Chaos Ogres

3 Chaos Trolls

3 Dragon Ogres

1 Dragon Ogre Shaggoth

8 Chaos Spawn

I have already made it clear to Dark_Raider that if you guys win this you can kill Dreghar, but if you write it I don't want you to make him go out like a wuss or anything, that would be upsetting. I trust you guys to make the right call. If I do lose I will be switching armies. Dreghar will be back at some point, but I kind of want to pick or more tactical race. Other than "Go kill stuff." I enjoy being the driving force behind the lore of our world. And thats why Dreghar will be back and why I have planted seeds for his eventual return if needed.

As far as spying goes thats the thing. In traditional RP such as this just because you read something in a post doesn't necessarily mean your general knows about it. For instance shadow lion was talking about the Quetl or however they are spelled. I knew she probably recruited them, but I didn't specifically account for them in my strategy because Dreghar wouldn't have necessarily known about them. But I think we should have the "everything you share is fair game" rule. 

But I'm not worried I still think I am going to win, your pathetic alliance is going down.  :pride:

I like that everyone in the pvp is cool enough to do what is right rather than what is easy. As well as what you have just said I have heard multiple folk saying that they are finding x too easy to recruit troops so are going to make it harder for themselves so that they exercise more.

Truly brilliant honesty

• Like 2

The same, my exercise routine is usually pretty intense, but this kicked it up a notch.

On the flip side however the night before a battle I am so excited I can hardly sleep, I was checking my email constantly last night. At 2am 5 am etc

If it isn't up some I am going to fly to Greece and find Raider, Liam Neeson Taken style

After defeating you all tomorrow morning I will be removing Albion from the map?

Lol no, if my army wins tomorrow I am going to switch to a far more tactical approach from here on out. 10000 APV huh... hmmm

If we lose today then my exercising this week will be of biblical proportions. Albion will not fall

I've been shocked by how I've been racking up the numbers, too. Running at 150% or more over my challenge goals since this started, and feeling better at the higher work load! A lot of that is due to the balance of yoga to strength to endurance that D_R cooked into my recruiting requirements and which units I have chosen to focus on.!

I have found this to, I am working harder than ever but feeling better

• Like 1

gallery_17054_1393_1242.gif

:)

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Man, I look at that and wonder if cn3wton said/did something to have made all of those guys come after him at once.

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Yeah. Threatened us all with gruesome, prolonged, painful deaths (and that was if we were lucky and he happened to be in a good mood) as he took over each of our countries one by one and destroyed every living thing that did not bow to his (and Slaanesh's) will.

Trouble was he was building enough strength to make good on the threat. We'll see if all of us combined was enough...one of these days...soon. :)

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Going to bed at 5am?

Waking up with a dreadful hangover?

Triple visit by Pukey the clown?

None of the above could stop me from processing the fight.

Dreghar certainly fought in the shade... His survivors just made it into melee. Looks like Chaos can be defeated, but the blood toll will be heavy

• Like 5

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Sounds like you had a heck of a night!

All ears...We've all been dying to know what happens.

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Damn, it was the ranged that did me in... a lot of "this squad was killed before they could do anything."

I tried to get into melee as fast as I could.

But i think i did pretty good despite everything. I'd be interested to know what your guys total apv was.

• Like 4

Herja sends barrels of rum to the 6 generals!!!  

• Like 2

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Damn, it was the ranged that did me in... a lot of "this squad was killed before they could do anything."

I tried to get into melee as fast as I could.

But i think i did pretty good despite everything. I'd be interested to know what your guys total apv was.

We fielded somewhere around 12,000 APV total. I haven't run numbers of total alliance fallen, but I know I lost between 20 and 25% of what I sent and consider myself extremely lucky. Ranged units and pure luck, I expected to lose at least half, quite possibly more.

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir