Forums are back in action! ×

[Sept.15 - Oct. 26] There is only war: A Warhammer Fantasy PvP experiment

An awesome battle. That red sun was seen by all.

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

The red sun rose higher and it warmed the chill of the Chaos Wastes. The allies were tired and, despite the initial rush and relief of victory, there  was a nagging sense that this was just the beginning of a long sequence of battles. There is only war...

Already the fragile alliance was fracturing. The ripples of dissension spread outward from the offended Albrecht con Carstein and they would go where they willed. It went well with the stench of death that enveloped the field of battle, Khalith thought - the dead, the undead, and the deluded. Who had lost more, who had not given enough, who stood to gain now and in the future. She had had those thoughts, too. Tell it to those who gave their lives...

Khalith stood and looked south and west. She gulped a blessed breath of fresh air brought on the breeze from the nearby sea.

And then she saw. She knew the answer to the seemingly unsolveable riddle. But she would never be able to explain it to them in words, and even if she could, they would not want to hear it from some wild tribeswoman from Amazonia. And Dreghar had known that.

It was as if he stood slightly behind her and to the right. She could hear his voice, "See, I was right. There is no way out that they can accept. And no way you can make them see." She could hear his laughter ringing across the vast wastes.

"True enough, Dreghar. True enough, for now," she whispered. For Khalith had seen something else, something Dreghar could not. She had seen what only someone who did not know if she were alive or dead could see, something only a wild Amazonian tribeswoman with two ill-matched tattoos and a history full of contradictions would ever even notice...

She continued to gaze south and west, towards home. There was a way.

She gathered her troops and prepared to take her Amazon sisters home.

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Thanks for all the hard work, Raider! That was a huge battle to sort through and try and make sense of. Eagerly waiting to near what else transpired. Hope you are all recuperated!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Copy from first page. Switched Pirates to brown to make their lands more obvious

Results

• Pirates of Sartosa(Chris-Tien Jinn) defeated Wood Elves (Ybel) and local defending forces in Athel Loren
  • Albion (ItsDaniel, bassman123), Amazons(ShadowLion), High Elves(Xena), Vampires (MaD MaLKaV) and Dwarfs (CommanderKidd) defeated Chaos (cn3wton) in the Chaos Wastes
  • Chaos Dwarfs(DarK_RaideR) defeated local forces defending the Border Kingdoms
  • Greenskins(Red1263) vs local Lizardmen in Tlaqua ended in a draw, which keeps the area independent
  • Kislev (mitch_dee) defeated Chaos invading forces to control Kislev

Old-World-Domination-Map-1.jpg

• Like 2

Lvl 65 Multitasker

((sorry it took so long....still working on this being creative through writing))

Zacaran knelt next to Ursvic looking at the figures in the distance, their sudden appearance drew a low guttural growl from the large bear.  The arrival of the Chaos invaders now forming ranks in front of his scouting party was not wholly unexpected, but it had startled some of the younger men in the ranks. Trusting his lieutenants to form up the ranks Zacaran was pleased by the speed in which this young division prepared. 

At his signal the Brotherhood of the Bear urged their horse’s forward adding momentum as they released their spears into the horde of Chaos Marauders.  Cheers erupted from the front line as silhouettes were seen falling to the ground.  Those cheers quickly died down as five large figures appeared in the core of the enemy troops.  Lumbering toward his forces, Zacaran knew the threat these Chaos Ogres posed. 

Gathering his strength Zacaran focused, the snow stirred and raised around him condensing into highly shined shards of ice.  With a forceful gesture he sent the shards flying at the Ogres, mercilessly slaughtering four of them and sending the fifth one running in fear.

The twang of bowstrings resonated from his core group of Kossars, who released a volley of arrows into the approaching warhounds dropping many of those in front causing the others to trip and slightly slow their charge.  A sly grin formed on Zacaran’s lips as he watched the advancing Marauders, harnessing his energies he once again he unleashed the fury of winter.  Shards hurled through the ranks skewering the lucky ones, shattering off armor and shields hundreds of razor-sharp shards mutilated those not so fortunate.  Adding to the assault came a second volley of arrows searching for those still standing.

The two forces collided into one another, the sounds of clashing metal and bestial roars echoed of the mountain walls.  The Kossars managed to kill a Marauder for every troop they lost in their own ranks but the fury in which the Chaos troops fought caught some of the greener troops off guard causing them to flee.  A piercing screech suddenly filled the air as Hawks of Miska joined the fray, attacking on each flank, their sharp claws made little work of the remaining warhounds who had no defense against the aerial assault.

Feeling the drain Zacaran mustered one last blast aiming at the last fleeing Ogre freezing him in his tracks.  Leaning on his spear he felt a slight nudge at his shoulder, looking back he caught Ursvic gaze and knew what he wanted.  “Go my friend, bloody yourself, show them the might of the Bearsâ€, the bear already getting to full speed before Zacaran could finish the sentence.  Ursvic, joined by three other bears charged with all their might into the last remaining Chaos troops, the bear trainers trying their hardest to keep up.  White fur was quickly replaced with red hues as the bears mauled and dismembered their enemies.  One of the bears let out a roar as a pair of Marauders ran it through with their polearms, in one last action its mammoth paw clubbed at one of them removing the soldiers head from its body.  Hearing the dying bear enraged Ursvic, he charged through the last of troops lunging at the other soldier standing over the now dead bear, hitting him with such force that the Marauders armor crushed on impact.  The Kislev troops cheered as the last of the Chaos troops died and as Ursvic stomped and clawed at the limp lifeless body.

Zacaran joined his forces taking note of who all he had lost.  “Gather the dead,†he said, “burn the wretched invaders and make sure our brothers are properly taken care of, we shall inform their families the fought bravely.  We will make camp in that clearing for the night to tend to the wounded and gather ourselves.  Tomorrow we head home, we gather our strength and we will revenge our fallen†he said holding his spear in the air as his troops stomped their axes and cheered.  Zacaran could not help but laugh as Ursvic, being guided by a trainer, lumbered by him dragging the mutilated Marauder behind him.  “It was a good test!â€

• Like 3

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Bears! Yeah!

• Like 2

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Confused. Should Dreghar's holdings still be colored? Or has he already made arrangements for his return?

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Irina could only stare as the pirate captain, who had just not only slain her entire patrol but also killed a lot of the locals and destroyed a part of the forest, offered an alliance. She talked about a greater enemy but the only enemy Irina could see was the pirate herself.

Irina wanted to fight and not stop fighting until al the pirates were dead but that would certainly mean her death. She didn't mind dying for Athel Loren but someone had to warn the others about the pirates and she was the only one left. so she controlled herself.

She wanted to say something strong, something so threatening that the pirates would flee just because of her words. But all that would come over her lips was "I don't know". Then the right words came to her mind. "But know this, Athel Loren Is my Homeland. If you let me go I will be back." She quickly disappeared between the trees, before the pirate captain could change her mind.

Before she left, she observed the pirates for a while. Many of them were celebrating but their captain was not among those. Had Irina's threat scared her or had she been serious about the alliance? Then Irina started walking toward the capital.

I still have to introduce my general.

name: Irina

race: wood elf

god: Isha

- Are they spellcasters or not? Irina is not a spellcaster.

- Do they prefer to fight from a distance or up close and personal? She likes to fill her enemies with arrows from a distance but she is not afraid to get close.

- what is their weapon of choice? She prefers her longbow but she is also very skilled with dual swords.

- Are they frontline leaders or do they achieve tactical superiority by giving orders from a vantage point? She fights mostly from the back because that is where she can do most damage.

- How do they feel about their race's religion? She shows her loyalty to Isha mostly through her actions. She will do anything to serve her goddess and protect Athel Loren. She does not ask the man and women under her command to share her religious opinions but she does expect complete loyalty to Athel Loren.

• Like 1

elf assassin

PvP: Warhammer

Welcome, Irina of the Wood Elves!

• Like 2

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

The messenger stood in the now empty fortress. Upon the ground he had inscribed a symbol, which he stood upon. In his hands he held that which Dreghar had given him. He carefully unwrapped it. Within was a chain attached to a metal symbol mirroring the one he had inscribed on the floor. He placed the chain around his neck and prepared himself. 

The she demon had sacraficed her presence in this world to form the symbol upon the field of battle, and numerous chaos spawn had been required to form the one that now lay at his feet. 

He could feel it happen, the moment Dreghar fell, a chill went up his spine. Then all of the energy from the dead, consumed by the mark upon the field flooded into the messengers body through the relic around his neck. 

The energy passed through him and into the floor, opening a portal into the realm of Slaanesh. Out stepped a demon in the guise of a man.

Druhn'Bran'Koh 

Druhn stepped into the world of the mortals for the first time in thousands of years. Taking a cursory glance around the room he noticed some clothing that had been set aside with him, as well as some personal affects. A man lie at his feet thrashing about. This man had served as a conduit for the rituals energies, his body unable to contain it. His form was slowly breaking down. His mind shattered. It must have been agony.

Druhn stepped over the messenger and left him to his fate, dressing himself and pausing only to stare at the statue, carved of wood and in the likeness of Val'ku'taa. He smirked, the fallen always where a strange breed. As he searched throughout the abandoned fortress he found Dreghar's war room. Complete with map and known enemy locations. Druhn raised an eyebrow, many had risen to face him, no wonder he had been summoned. Dreghar was a competent strategist for a being that was once mortal. Dreghar and his possessor had slaughtered many in the name of Slaanesh. Druhn had much work to do.

As he exited the fortress men and woman began to flow out from the forests. Druhn could sense the touch of chaos upon them all, his predecessor had not dissapointed in that regard. But where Dreghar was a blunt instrument Druhn was sharp. Cutting into the very heart of his enemies, attacking when least expected. 

Who's next?

So even though its technically a new person he has the same ability and stuff as Dreghar. But what will he do? He's a far more mysterious character than Dreghar. Who knows what hes going to do?

In all seriousness though since we only have 2 more battles left its going to be hard to come up with a scheme... Or is it?  :pride:

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I have only skimmed a few pages of this. With moving I knew I wouldn't be able to participate for this challenge. I am definitely up for the next round though. Will check out the mechanics and start pondering.

• Like 3

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Hi im new to this, but ill cut to the chase.

this is my general:

name: Arseths

race: Lizardmen

god: Slann

-Are they spellcastersor not? Arseths is not a spellcaster

-Do they prefer to fight from a distance or up close and personal? up close and personal

-what is their weapon of choice? Spear and Shield

-Are they frontline leaders or do they achieve tactical superiority by giving orders from a vantage point? always a frontline leader

-How do they feel about their race's religion? He will do anything to up hold and appease his god and expects those under his command to do the same

• Like 2

I have only skimmed a few pages of this. With moving I knew I wouldn't be able to participate for this challenge. I am definitely up for the next round though. Will check out the mechanics and start pondering.

You can always start this week if you want to try things out. No need to worry about anything, this was kind of like a "test" round anways. So you can experiment and such. If you decide to hold off though thats cool, look forward to seeing you on the board!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

What cn3wton said. We still have 2 battles left until the challenge is finished and we start over again next challenge. Give it a try ;)

this is my general:

Welcome onboard, ShadowLion's Amazons were getting lonely in Lustria :D

I'll message you asap with ability options for your general and you'll join the fray for this week's battles

• Like 3

Lvl 65 Multitasker

@ D_R - How soon can we put in our dibs for next time? I already know what I want to be! :)

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Aye but do I ressurect my Warhammer Quest character Brother Grimblood, or my 40k Ork Warboss Gorbok?

Tough decisions these, Brother Grimblood is a Khornate devotee.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

this is my general:

-Are they spellcastersor not? Arseths is not a spellcaster

-Do they prefer to fight from a distance or up close and personal? up close and personal

-what is their weapon of choice? Spear and Shield

-Are they frontline leaders or do they achieve tactical superiority by giving orders from a vantage point? always a frontline leader

-How do they feel about their race's religion? He will do anything to up hold and appease his god and expects those under his command to do the same

Welcome to the PVP! This should make things even more interesting. :)

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Hey, Tomas! It's great fun and has really inspired me to workout more!

There are lots of Rangers on this thread, too, for some strange reason. :)

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir