Forums are back in action! ×

Hello fellow nerds!

I have to say, I'm not much of a gamer...until someone mentions Fallout! Then it's on! Mainly my nerd-ness comes from programming manufacturing equipment or running manual milling machines and lathes.

Anyway, I have been reading this forum for a few days and like what I see. The main site is great.

I've given up soda, and haven't had one since August 2012. I am a 25 year old machinist, and put quite a few miles under my feet every week moving around the shop so I am somewhat active. However my diet was terrible and I packed on some pounds pretty quick over the last few years. When I jumped into the field I was 185 lbs, and maxed out at 203. That is when I quit drinking soda. Just the single, sometimes two, Mountain Dews out of the diet I dropped 20 lbs. I gave up beer during the week and dropped from 183 to 174.

Since then, I have started and stopped the week night beer habit and bounced back to 182 currently.

I think that is an ok starting point to add exercise and good dieting to the routine. One of the things that drew me to this site was the great community and no nonsense articles. I'm one of those people that worked out like crazy in high-school and put on exactly ZERO muscle. I am reading here to hopefully find out why, and what I need to change.

I think I found a gym that will be good for me, but in the mean time I've started to run again. To my surprise I can still manage a 10 minute mile, and have recently started the interval running program listed in an article on this site. All I can say to that is WOW! I feel like death after 15 minutes and its great! I am really excited to add a gym into the mix as well. That is this weeks goal.

Thanks for the great community, I look forward to getting to know and learn from you all!

Jerry

Welcome to the community and good luck with your goals!

There is lot of helpful info here and you'll find lots of support.

Have you looked into starting a challenge yet?

We've only just started week two so it's a good time to jump in.

It's great to have specific goals to keep you accountable. We'll be cheering for you. :)

LEVEL 2 | HALF DWARF | ADVENTURER

STR 6 | DEX 2 | STA 5 | CON 4 | WIS 6.5 | CHA 1

Welcome on board. There's plenty of people on here who can help you with your questions about your lack of muscle gain, head over to the powerlifting forum and I'm sure you'll get some answers. Good luck!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously