Forums are back in action! ×

Mr. DBA, reporting for duty!

Hello fellow nerds!

It's been almost two years since I discovered this treasure trove of awesomeness. So, I figured it was time to overcome my social anxiety and partake in the community.

I grew up being a very shy person. Though college helped me quite a bit, I still feel awkward talking to and meeting new people. However, after witnessing the comradery and inspiration found here I feel comfortable enough to come out of my shell.

My fitness journey began in middle school when I became interested in lifting weights. I really had no clue what I was doing until I attended college and even then I had only a fraction of the knowledge I have now. I'm one of the fairly tall, skinny, hard to gain weight types. Through high school and college I stayed around 160 lbs at 5' 10". Only in the last two years have I been able to put any muscle weight on. I now sit at around 190 lbs. Woot!

Some of my interests include the following:

• Anime
  • Magic: The Gathering
  • Video Games (mainly FPS)
  • Programming (Web, Mobile)
  • Spending WAY too much time reading web articles
  • Da Pump

I hope to meet plenty of new friends here and look forward the journeys ahead.

Level 0 Human Warrior

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Quest 1: [joshhafer360] Better late than never

"Legends are made from iron and sweat, mind and muscle, blood and vision, and victory." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Welcome! :D I'm entirely new to the site myself, but I've felt no anxiety reaching out to the community here (and I'm always nervous), and it's already been one of the best decisions I've ever made!

It may not be too late for you to join the current challenge for level one rebels (next one is over a month away!). I just started yesterday. It's very helpful if you need to be reminded of your goals and just get started, even if it's just a small step you want to focus on :)

Good luck!

• Like 1

Level 0 Rebel 

STR 0 | DEX STA CON | WIS | CHA 0

"People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -Black science man

Lose 50 lbs by April

0%
0%

- My current challenge -

Thank you and hello! Haha. I was wondering whether I could still sign up. I actually started a new routine about the time the challenge started so I suppose I've been in it without realizing  :glee:

Level 0 Human Warrior

"Legends are made from iron and sweat, mind and muscle, blood and vision, and victory." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

After reading through the rules, within two weeks is the acceptable time-frame. Got mine in here  :victorious: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/54711-joshhafer360-better-late-than-never/ 

Level 0 Human Warrior