Forums are back in action! ×

Should've posted here first but it's me, Ghi!

Hey guys, I'm Ghi :).

I realise I should've posted something here first before my challenge, but I didn't see this subforum yesterday when I created my account :P.

I'm a student who lives in Montreal. I study in Software engineering. I'm also a big D&D nerd, I'm currently dming with a group of friends and playing with another group as well. I'm also an avid gamer, althought I've recently been playing mostly EVE online. To complete my nerdy interests, I've recently started getting into anime, reading Dragon Ball mangas and watching Hunter X Hunter.

Fitness-wise, I've fluctuated a bit over the years. 3 years ago, I weighed around 205 pounds. This changed when I met my girlfriend. I started melting and over the course of a yaar, I lost over 40 pounds. This weight lost really felt weird. I didn't alter any habits, I didn't exercise more. Love made me lose the pounds,for some reason. I thnik I simply stopped overeating (I can't help myself but to finish a plate if it's in front of me).

I maintained that weight for 2 years, feeling quite proud of myself. However, last christmas, I got back into my old habit, hard. I gained back the 40 pounds. I stayed at around 200 since then. I really want to get back to where I was. I think what I need is accountability. I hope I'll find this here, with tips and exercises on how to lose weight and get back in shape. And how to stay there.

One thing, however, I've never really been a fan of just exercise in general. I feel like I could run forever playing a game of soccer, but barely a km or two if I just ran (it feels meaningless). I'm not sure if I'll be able to maintain my challenge (essentially, situps + beginner body workout) for 6 weeks, but I'll sure try!

That's me, in a nutshell.

• Like 1

Main Quest : Losing 20 pounds before Christmas

Current Weight: 187lbs

Target Weight: 170lbs

15%
15%

Ghi102

Race: Hobbit

Class: Level 1 Rebel

STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 1 | CHA 0

Current Challenge

Exercise will always only have as much meaning as you're putting in it. Try thinking about running as training for soccer. think how much more awesome you're going to be if you can sprint like a bad ass while chasing your opponents and be able to do it for the whole duration of a game! I doubt that's meaningless in anyway.

Anyway, welcome Ghi!

No body, no mind.

My Battle Log: A Weightlifting Story

Yes, I agree with you, although I gave running and soccer as an example (I don't really play soccer :P). I think "meaningless" isn't the right word for what I mean. What I meant is I like doing sports because they're games. I have fun while I do sports and I like competition. So, when I chase a ball, all I think about is how to get at the ball faster and I'm having fun. When I'm running for the sake of running, all I'm really thinking is : "When is this ever going to end".

I guess, I'd like to have social and competitive aspects to my training, not just health benefits.

So yeah, running in a straight line for some amount of time doesn't feel meaningless, it feels empty. Like I need something more than " I'll get fitter/lose weight/better at running/etc." to keep me going.

Main Quest : Losing 20 pounds before Christmas

Current Weight: 187lbs

Target Weight: 170lbs

15%
15%

Ghi102

Race: Hobbit

Class: Level 1 Rebel

STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 1 | CHA 0

Current Challenge