Forums are back in action! ×

Here we go (again?)

Hello everyone,

Over the last few months, I've had more time to notice and care about how unfit I am. Yay!

Two days ago, I decided to make a lifestyle change due to my decreasing energy levels (as well as overall mood) and increasing extra baggage - I currently weigh 185 lbs and I assure you very little of that is muscle at this point.

At the moment, I'm still figuring out exactly what to do - though I've started by doing this workout every other day (or the 1.5 circuits I managed anyway...), short sets of dumbbell curls/floor presses with heavy weights, and making it a point to avoid eating complete crap (read: grains, sugars) once again. Glad to see there's a recipe forum on here, as one of the serious issues I've had is getting enough variety while keeping up with the crap-avoidance  :)

All of that said, I do need an accountability system or I know this will not last. I will come up with a "levelling up" system as per recommendation, though I think I will join the Academy course since that looks like more fun. I do love challenges, so hopefully one of those two will do the trick. Does anyone have any other suggestions for me? (I don't think I'm going to bet $500 with my friends, money does not motivate me).

Thanks in advance for your help! And hi!

P.S. This site is awesome.

• Like 1

Gargoyle Assassin

Present: I can has climb?
   Future: It shall be excellent.

Failures are merely teachers.

Hey there Cinalyc!

Welcome to the forum! It's great that you've made the decision to take steps to improve your well-being, and I'm sure you'll go a long way :) Welcome aboard!

Looks like you've already got a solid start - the Beginner Bodyweight Workout is a pretty awesome starting point, and it looks like you've already started managing your diet, which is awesome :) As for accountability, there are quite a few things you can do on the forum - join a guild and get to know more like-minded people (and hold each other accountable to goals), or post a battle log under the Daily Battle Logs section - as the description says, "nothing says accountability like letting the world read what you're doing"! The Academy is a good idea too - it's pretty beneficial and very helpful, so go for it!

All the best, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to approach anyone on the forum - we don't bite XD

Welcome aboard, and see you around!