Forums are back in action! ×

New daily routine. University, Job, Gym, Canteen, Bento Box

Hey fellows!

Tomorrow the new university semester starts.

I am lagging behind with the subject matters. I start the 5th semester now and have to deal in addition with 3 subjects from the 3rd semester and 3 subjects from the 4th semester. If I don't pass those I cannot study this study course anymore. So there's a lot of work to do this semester.

I applied for a job for preparatory work during the week and working at Saturday near university. So I'd go by bus to the city earlier, do the preparatory work and then walk to university. I need a work besides studying. I've been working for four years every Sunday until March and I really miss it (not the working place where I've been but the physical labour itself). I plan to write some more applications the next days to make sure I get a new job.

I am going to fit out my locker at university with all I need for studying and then only study at university or while doing cardio at the gym but not anymore at home. This way I want to get rid of my eating habits (giving in to cravings every few minutes) and procrastination plus have a fixed time for rest in the evening.

In the morning I will have a filling breakfast but without grain because this makes me tired so fast. Any suggestions?

At lunch I am going to eat at the canteen. I prefer to eat every few hours but preparing food for a whole day which I store in my bento box every evening is nothing I'd be able to deal with for a longer time as far as I know myself. I'll just put some fruits and vegetables in the bento box for inbetween snacking. In the evening I will have some fish (tuna, salmon, ..) with salad. At weekends I will go out with friends and go hiking a lot.This will be rather expensive and I don't know yet exactly how I should be able to afford that but I am sure this whole daily routine will do me the world of good.

During the breaks between the lectures I will walk around the building or during longer breaks I will go for a walk outside. As everytime after eating at the canteen I will have a walk afterwards. To reach the gym in the city I have to go 1 km and I aim to go there two to three times a week.

If everything goes as planned life would be rather awesome then I guess. At least way better than it's been the last 3 years. Why I am posting this here is to ask you if you have got any suggestions for me. Any things I didn't think of, I missed or any tips for implementation. Like ideas for breakfast or dinner for example. Or ideas on how to find a job fitting to a student's timetable. Whatever. I am scared to mess this all up again and then I'd have wasted 3.5 years at university for getting a degree that you could get in three years but in the end having 'nothing'. So any piece of advice, every idea - no matter how crazy - is welcome. :)

Greetings

Magnhild

"The purpose of life is to be happy." - Tendzin Gyatsho, the 14th Dalai Lama 

Character

What I forgot to mention. I also often struggle to fall asleep. I am most likely to fall asleep with the windows open and drinking some water but some nights I cannot get a minute of sleep. Another problem is that when I only get sleep for e.g. 3 hours no noise that wouldn't be heard by the whole village can wake me up.

Anyone got some experience with this?

"The purpose of life is to be happy." - Tendzin Gyatsho, the 14th Dalai Lama 

Character