Forums are back in action! ×

An even newer guy.. well.. gal ;)

First off I can't tell you how excited I am to find this blog and to actually have a support network that's not a bunch of meat-heads that have been fit their whole lives.

Background

I've always been a chunky kid and never really cared. I grew up in Texas where the summers are always 150+ so I stayed inside and avoided most physical activity.

Fast forward to age 20 and probably 150ish... I took a job at Gold's Gym not really knowing what I was getting myself into. Well with a lot of peer pressure and all the uber hot guys I started working out and LOVED it! I became addicted to the weight lifting class and the elliptical. But I never changed my diet (which involved mostly alcohol and junk/fast food) so I didn't see very drastic results. When I left that job I stopped working out. I was too broke to keep the membership and I really didn't have motivation.

So now here I am 2 years later... at 158lbs... married and with a little baby boy... Thankfully I didn't gain an ungodly amount of baby weight. But it's time to get back into even better shape and learn how to eat right. Not just for me but also so my son doesn't end up 16 and 270lbs (like my husband... who lost all his weight by joining the military.. and like most other military men, got out and is slowly gaining it back)

ANNNYYYWWAAYYS..

My goal is simple.. by next summer I want to be in a bikini and stay in one for the rest of my life! I want to do the tough mudder completion and not be afraid of running.

I look forward to starting this journey with fellow nerds and hopefully I'll have an amazing success story to share :)

~Sarah

a bikini forever sounds great...but it might be a little cold in the michigan winters. ok, dorky comment out of the way! welcome to the forum - this is a great place :) i share alot of your issues and what has helped me begin to (slowly) make progress is to track what i eat. do you currently do that?