Forums are back in action! ×

The Best Me I Can Be

Hi all! ^_^

I've been dipping my toes into the rebellion for a while, but today I'm pledging myself to it. I know it's not going to be easy, but I also know that, with all of you cheering me on, I can definitely do this!

I'm a 20-year-old non-binary Women and Gender Studies student, currently living in Canada but originally from Britain. I enjoy video games (especially Pokemon and Animal Crossing), Tolkien and sign language, but my passion is learning about oppression and social justice.

I'm hoping to use the rebellion as a way to manage the symptoms my severe depression, and also to help me more effectively recover from my eating disorder. I've managed to get myself to a point where I believe I deserve recovery, so I'm seizing this chance to make a promise to myself to become my absolute best. It's gonna take a while, and I'm gonna be making baby steps, but I need to make those steps.

Right now, I'm just going for general fitness, I'm really hoping I'll find something that catches my eye. Right now, I'm not eating Paleo, but I want to get myself to a more stable position with my relationship with food before I start cutting things out of my diet - I know I'll use it as an excuse not to eat. But until then, I'm gonna try eating more fruits and veggies, and hopefully a little more meat.

I can't wait to meet you all! >^u^<

-Arthur

• Like 1

Baby steps & being the best that one can be ... that is truly what each of us should strive to work towards. You are to be highly commended for taking care of yourself & discovering what feels most comfortable as you continue along your journey for a healthy lifestyle.

Looking forward to your continued progress & so does the rest of your comrades ... we agree, You can definitely do this!

• Like 1

Wood Elf / (subtle) Adventurer 

not sure if this is the realm for me; however thought I'd sneak out for a peek ... very timid

the forest is my home & comfort; though, at times, it's nice to venture around others

to see what it is that they aspire to achieve ... always looking to be the best me for me

Update:

roaming ahead to fulfill each goal set before me; my accomplishment(s) will show that soon

we'll meet again as successes in each of our disciplines ... looking forward to that blessed day