Forums are back in action! ×

whiplash and working out

So yesterday, I was rear ended by a pickup truck. I was hit so hard that my glasses flew off and wound up in the back seat. Other than that, I'm feeling ok, except for a inching in my neck, and a low-grade headache. Thing is, I missed lifting on monday, so on tuesday night, I did chest AND legs. Wednesday AM, I got hit, so I can't tell if my soreness is form the accident or the workout. more importantly, I'm wondering if I should take time off- I have back, arms and shoulders left (3 different days), and I'm getting antsy about fitting everything in. 

I realize I have an unhealthy attachment to my jump rope.

TRX opened my eyes to new levels of discomfort.

If the headache doesn't get any better tomorrow, I'd think about seeing a doctor just to have things checked out.  I'd say take a break from the lifting until it goes away.  You may have gotten a minor concussion from the hit, and that's not a good condition to be in when you're lifting heavy stuff that require a lot of coordination and focus.

• Like 1