Forums are back in action! ×

Beginning My Rebellion

Hello!

I am new to Nerd Fitness, but have been doing the Academy for about 2 weeks now.  I took a look through the forums on there, but they weren't super active so I thought I would check these ones out as well.

A little about me:

I am 30 years old, 6 feet tall and have always been "thick".  I've been married for going on 3 years and have a fur baby that is is our world - Molly, our black lab / pit bull mix. I work in the banking industry as a loan officer, so basically am tied to my desk for 40 hours a week, with an hour long commute each way to work. 

What I'm looking to get out of this is some motivation and accountability.  I really like the approach of the Nerd Fitness blog, and also the academy - the focus of small changes instead of drastic ones.  I am guilty of being the "Eager Beaver" and then crashing and burning after a couple weeks. 

So far, I've cleaned up my diet pretty easily - forgoing most grains and added sugars.  Only drinking water and coffee, and eating LOTS of salad and veggies.  I would love some easy dinner ideas, if anybody has them!  In the 2 weeks, I've lost almost 5 pounds, which is exciting but I'm sure it's mostly water weight.

I've also started doing the beginner's bodyweight workout, and that has been challenging.  Apparently push ups and me do not get along.  But I am feeling stronger with every workout that I complete!

I am hoping to lose about 70+ pounds, and also just get in shape/healthy.  My husband gained weight along side me these last 3 years, but he's currently at the "doesn't want to do anything, but hate how I look" stage.  I wish that he would do this with me, as it would be easier and keep us going, but I'm hoping that if I see some real success, he may try it out for himself.

Right now, everything is still shiny and new and I've been doing pretty well, but I'm sure at some point my motivation will be dragging.  I would appreciate any tips about how to keep that high to keep me going.

Thanks and I look forward to participating with everyone!

• Like 1

Main Quest: Lose 78.3 lbs

8%
8%

Updated 10/10/2014

Mini Quest: Total of 10lbs lost

62%
62%

Updated 10/10/2014

Mini Quest: Total of 5lbs lost

COMPLETED 10/10/2014!

Greetings & Wow 6' tall ... fantastic! Regarding motivation, I'd say, celebrate your successes however minor they may be; after all for myself, whether it's one snack, one more minute, an extra rep or even a deserved nap ... I know I'm doing well for me & that's what matters most :D I'm sure you'll find lots of people who'll celebrate your success with you & help recover from slight mishaps; that's what a journey is about when you're in it together.

I/We celebrate your success thus far & look forward to your updates along your path set before you.

Wood Elf / (subtle) Adventurer 

not sure if this is the realm for me; however thought I'd sneak out for a peek ... very timid

the forest is my home & comfort; though, at times, it's nice to venture around others

to see what it is that they aspire to achieve ... always looking to be the best me for me

Update:

roaming ahead to fulfill each goal set before me; my accomplishment(s) will show that soon

we'll meet again as successes in each of our disciplines ... looking forward to that blessed day