Forums are back in action! ×

I Refuse to Keep Being My Own Supervillain!

Hi folks.  I think I happened to come across this site at just the right time.

A couple weeks ago, I decided to embark one last time on trying to lose weight.  My sister's getting married next month, and while getting measured for a suit, I finally realized just how much girth I've gained in the last 5 or so years.  And then, I stumbled onto this site while looking for some tips about my attempt to start lifting weights.

I'm currently a bit over 350 lbs, and I want to try to get back to 225, eventually.  I gained most of my weight after switching from a very active manufacturing job to a desk job, but failing to adjust my diet.  So far, my biggest obstacle to weight loss has been myself.  I suffer from bouts of severe depression - so I get impatient and then give up when I don't see changes fast enough.

But the attitude I've seen while looking through much of this site has really made me reconsider how I look at things.  I'm going to try approaching it like levelling up.  I have to get my XP slowly, over time, and eventually become the hero I want to be.

I look forward to continuing my journey along with the rest of you.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Rebellion! There's a lot you can do here; so look around and don't be shy about asking questions.  

Let us know how we can help you beat your arch nemesis  The Avengers (or the Justice League?) is standing by!!

Old Me

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)