Forums are back in action! ×

Hi! I'm a level 0 human adventurer with aims to be a scout/assassin. I'm a 38 yr old female, married with three boys (17, 16 & 11). I work full time and am finishing my psychology degree. I am overweight (5'3" and about 200 lbs) but my goal isn't a number on the scale.

My "big" goal is to do a half Ironman in 2016. I'm doing my first sprint distance tri in just under two weeks with plans to do another next spring and an Olympic distance next August. (Baby steps!) In addition, I was training Krav Maga regularly until I traveled overseas this summer, moved across town and started university classes again. I'm looking forward to that training regularly as soon as possible after this upcoming race. (I slightly hyperextended my knee in class (misjudging the distance on a kick) so I've been babying it for the past few weeks...which means no running and no Krav. I am SO SICK of the black line on the bottom of the pool.)

My other primary goal is nutrition. I'm currently eating for a couch surfer, not a scout or assassin. :-P I know how to eat paleo and I KNOW how much better I feel (no more achy joints or weird rashes down my face/neck...SO cute). But now that my husband is no longer paleo, it's been more difficult to get back into that mindset. I'm not making an excuse; it's just fact. So as of Wednesday I will be back to paleo for myself. 

Training plan...after the race I will be focusing on strength training, yoga, Krav & whatever cardio sounds fun until March when my training for the tri season will kick into full gear. 

And that's me. 

• Human Adventurer

Level 0

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality" - Jules De Gallier