Forums are back in action! ×

Hello All- New Recruit Signing In!

Hello everyone! My name's Elle, and today is not only my first post but also my first day with a real account at NF HQ. I've been following NF for a few months now, just watching what's going on, but with the new challenge coming up next week I decided to get a little more involved.

Lessee, about me. I'm a 19 year old college student, hoping to get into better shape. I've never really been happy with my body, particularly with my weight. I was a chubby girl, and by my junior year of highschool I was sporting a lovely size 16 pants. Well, between November 2009 and March 2010 I dropped down to a size 12, mainly following the Zone diet, but summer traveling and freshman year pushed me back up to a size 14 and something like 173 pounds this August. I'm studying abroad and traveling all over Europe next year, and I decided: enough is enough.

I stumbled on Nerd Fitness in early September, and never looked back. I've been following a mixed Primal/Paleo diet since mid-September and this, along with a mixture of mostly Insanity workouts and, more recently, weight circuits and interval training, have gotten me down to around 162, which feels fantastic.

However, my real goals are these:

1) Be ready to run a 5k in mid-November. I'm not heavy on cardio, but it's something I'd like to do, just to have done it.

2) Get stronger. Biceps. I want them.

3) Feel comfortable in my own body, for once.

I'm super excited to be a part of this awesome community, and looking forward to going through this journey with you all!

Cheers,

Elle