Forums are back in action! ×

It's time to de-lurk

I am signing up for the next 6 week challenge so its time to have an introduction.

I am a 39 year old IT guy at a global hedge fund administration company based in Toronto. As a child and teenager I was incredibly active. Running, bike riding, playing sports including very competitive soccer up till the year I turned 17. Once I hit my 20s though things went downhill. Slowly at first, but my 30s have been a pretty steep decline.

In past years I was able to at least stay somewhat physically active playing on softball and ball hockey teams with my buddies. But it seems everyone is settling down into married life and having kids and working on careers. The last 6 or 7 years I haven't really done too much other than work and socialize. The odd hike through a provinical park is not going to cut it! This left me about 100 lbs overweight as of July this year.

I started following a primal diet about the middle of July this year. And I have lost about 25 lbs so far. But I had a few set backs. September was pretty much entirely a write off, my wife and I had our second child on the 12th, a son and with the time spent in the hospital and then being on leave to spend time with them I fell completely off the wagon.

At work I am able to stay 90% or so primal/paleo, I seem to have no problem with dairy so I include yogourt and cheese and cream/milk in my coffee/tea. My problem these days is home time. On the weekends I get snack cravings, which then lead to more cravings.

During the challenge I plan to be a lot more strict with my eating. And I am going to make an effort to get into the gym with a much higher frequency, at least 3 times a week. And I want to start measuring and recording my results. I have been fairly lax in keeping track of my progress so far.